This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is this Ditto/Smeargle/Transform/Mimic Glitch?

#21AceTrainerJimPosted 4/4/2010 1:38:12 PM
Omg! That means Flareon with Flare Blitz is actually possible!?
OMG Flare blitz Flareon YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS.

Yep, Flareon can now use Flare Blitz. But why stop there? You can still give it two other previously illegal moves. Want to give it Earthquake, as well? Go ahead! Leaf Blade? Sure, why not? Close Combat? Knock yourself out! Just about every 3rd generation Pokemon can now be used to its fullest potential! Movepool woes are no longer an excuse for poor performance!
---
Platinum Friend Code: 1505 2107 7488 Jimmy(insert star symbol here)
#22MogKnightAzurePosted 4/4/2010 1:45:46 PM
As much as I'd like Flareon to shine at least a little better... it goes without saying the vast capabilities of this glitch will not make all moves legal on all pokemon anytime soon. (In standard tournaments, at least).
---
"I miss seeing Mario decapitate Sonic or Sonic peeing in Peaches *******. there's just no soul nowadays." - ShiNoBinn
#23BAGTbirdPosted 4/4/2010 9:16:56 PM
This makes me wish I hadn't skipped the 3rd generation. It seems like you need Emerald to make this worthwhile.

Now if someone can find a way to manipulate the RNG of HGSS, I'll be satisfied.
---
HeartGold 1978-2344-5948 / Platinum 1848-7716-1764
#24RaikouTGCPosted 4/5/2010 8:51:00 AM
Ironically this is a variation of a glitch in the original G/S that was called at some sites as the "Ditto Quest"

This is how the Original worked

The way it works is you need two Pokemon games (G/S/C) and GBC's one cart will have the Ditto you want to learn the move(in the first position on your team) and you must be able to go the trainer's house in Viridian, the other will need a weaker Smeargle with one sketched "attack" move, and one or more "Sketch" move (in the first position on your team), you might want to stack this team with weaker opponents.

Do a Mystery Gift, then on the Ditto Cart go to the basement of the Trainer's House. The Team from the cart you just Mystery Gifted will be there, fight them. have Ditto transform into Smeargle, and wipe him out with the first move available DO NOT USE SKETCH until after you beat Smeargle, you may even want to use a Potion on Ditto after you defeat Smeargle, to give the next Pokemon a chance to use a move to sketch

Sketch as many times as available and you walk away with a Ditto who knows more than just Transform, these moves can than be bred into other Pokemon who could learn them naturally through breeding

***BE SURE THE SMEARGLE HAS AT LEAST ONE ATTACK MOVE AND ONE SKETCH OR THIS WILL NOT WORK
***DO NOT SWITCH DITTO OUT BEFORE SKETCHING OR HE WILL RETURN TO NORMAL WITHOUT A NEW MOVE

---
Raikou the Thunder Tiger strikes again
#25ice_phoenix_Posted 4/5/2010 8:55:08 AM
This makes me wish I hadn't skipped the 3rd generation. It seems like you need Emerald to make this worthwhile.

Or FRLG

Anyway, this glitch is much easier to do on DPt, since the Twins below Floroama only have 2 Lv. 9 Pachirisus and you can use the VS Seeker on them and enter a double battle with your Ditto + Smeargle or other pokemon you want to do the glitch on
---
~yay_meh~
I freeze people then I melt them into water and drink them. <3 -- Me: http://i35.tinypic.com/2v28gwp.jpg
#26AindZs91Posted 4/5/2010 2:04:59 PM
Can this be done on any European game?