This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to catch scyther...?

#1hangman_link3Posted 4/4/2010 10:52:43 PM
Okay, so i want to get a scyther, but the question i have is do you have to be in the bug catching contest to get him, or can you be catching him on your own time.

Also, in which grass do you find him in. Do you find him in the tall grass where you can't take your bike, or the normal grass thats seen everywhere else in the world.

And finally, how exactly does the bug catching contest work. I went there on saturday evening and the guy only told me that its open tuesday, thrusday, and saturday, and that you can catch pokemon.
Well, that didn't get me anywhere. So, do i have to do an event before i can go to the contest, or is it just because i talked to the wrong guy or went there to late at night.

Oh, and do i have to go there on a specific day to catch scyther, because i heard that i did somewhere.
---
I see no changes, all i see is racist faces. Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races. We under i wonder what it takes to make this.
#2LittlejefferyPosted 4/4/2010 11:01:10 PM
The competitive nature of a game is inversely proportional to the amount of extraneous and/or arbitrary rules enforced by the players.
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#3IckitonPosted 4/4/2010 11:08:19 PM
you can only catch scyther during the bug-catching contest and i believe its in the grass below the fountain. to enter the contest just talk to the guard next to the door on tues/thurs/sat and tell him you want to enter.
---
Brawl FC: 1246-8410-7599
Name : JD
#4kentdsfreakPosted 4/4/2010 11:10:36 PM
i caught both my scythers above the fountain
---
Pokemon Pearl code: 0129 8341 6255
- GH3, ACWW and final fantasy III code in quote
#5frofrodajimyboyPosted 4/4/2010 11:12:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6frofrodajimyboyPosted 4/4/2010 11:12:52 PM

you can only catch scyther during the bug-catching contest and i believe its in the grass below the fountain. to enter the contest just talk to the guard next to the door on tues/thurs/sat and tell him you want to enter.

It makes no difference which grass you look in
---
Gamertag: FroFroDaJimyBoy
Wingman, leader, warrior.
#7clavat_kisaragiPosted 4/5/2010 12:09:01 AM
go there on tuesday thursday and saturday your first poke will be selected

once you enter run like an idiot in the grass, after a while some pokes will appaer run from them unless is a pinsir >> thoise are worth thre trouble of catching them >>

after a while scyther will appaer weaken him/her and then throw a pokeall at him and there you have catched a scyther,

you can only keep one poke from the contest so once you caught a scyther leave the area

if you managed to catch scyther withouth hurting him/her you will most likely win good luck :3
#8IlovepeasoupPosted 4/5/2010 12:15:37 AM
Go to the bug catching competition, which is at the national park on Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday. Scyther will be there. Before you enter the competition, I recommend saving so that if something goes wrong, a simple reset will remedy it.
#9Alpha218Posted 4/5/2010 12:24:36 AM
Use a Pokemon that can afflict a status condition. Also, note that you can't use items during the competition.

If you really want a Scyther that bad, there's ones in Diamond version on the Route north of the Resort Area (around Lv50).
---
Physics majors are cool; people think you're automatically smart.
PSN: Alpha218 - Have a question about an unfair moderation? Search up Hellhole.
#10hangman_link3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2010 12:25:01 AM
Okay, thanks guys. This really helped.
---
I see no changes, all i see is racist faces. Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races. We under i wonder what it takes to make this.