This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

huh? event porygon-Z?

#1suicunes_wrathPosted 4/15/2010 1:43:35 AM
My friend called me and told I can get a random event poke by messing with my wi-fi setting's(DNS code blablabla)and go to gts and as soon as I went all out nowhere pokeball falls from the sky and give me porygon-Z and an error pop's up,what is this anyway?
---
Not Changing sig until they make a new Starfox game.
HG FC: 4641 1540 6458
#2BikdipOnABusPosted 4/15/2010 1:48:01 AM
It's an exploit that people are messing with as a way to mass-distribute cloned Pokemon.

If you're fine with trading for clones, you should be fine. If you have higher standards than that, ignore them to the best of your ability.
---
"If the Pokemon I liked were there, I'd go anywhere. That's what a real Trainer does."
~ Ace Trainer Emma, Union Cave (HG/SS)
#3XeliathPosted 4/15/2010 1:48:23 AM
GTS has been hacked, some guys have been giving away their own Pokemon and making their own events.
#4Zinv72Posted 4/15/2010 1:49:56 AM
I'm still waiting for that Celebii event to circle 'round again. >_>
#5suicunes_wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2010 1:50:20 AM
Really? Nice! Free pokemon!
Note:Does it mess up your game?
---
Not Changing sig until they make a new Starfox game.
HG FC: 4641 1540 6458
#6BikdipOnABusPosted 4/15/2010 1:53:44 AM
It shouldn't.

And you really shouldn't look at this as "Nice, free Pokemon!" You should look at it as "Oh hey, they found a way to give out clones an easier way now". They're not legit. It's possible to distribute something that WAS legit this way, but the fact that they're cloned means that they're not anymore. You could obtain the same stuff from the trading board if you're into that.

I'm trying my best to not sound negative about this (I don't really need a bunch of people yelling at me for being a troll kthx), but I don't want people acting like this isn't cheating.
---
"If the Pokemon I liked were there, I'd go anywhere. That's what a real Trainer does."
#7SalogyPosted 4/15/2010 1:57:05 AM
So far the worse I've gotten was a level 107 shiny Laitos with a ball capsule attached to it. This was partly my fault because I entered the GTS with a half full party. The solution was to trade the Laitos away and back. I'm sure there could be other issues with this glitch we haven't found yet.
---
ACCF-Salogy in Dagon 3824-2012-3366
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine
#8IrishMercenaryPosted 4/15/2010 1:59:22 AM
Well Jish some people just dont care as much about the legitamiteness of thier completed dex, others just want to bag some freebies for the sake of it.
People dont have the same morales or ways of playing,

Like some people wont consider it cheating if theyre not intrested in completing a dex
---
~The Sign Painter
#9JoltZeroPosted 4/15/2010 2:04:03 AM
I used it cause my Diamond with the legit Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus got lost.
---
Someday you will find me, caught beneath a landslide, in a champagne supernova in the sky...
#10BikdipOnABusPosted 4/15/2010 2:15:30 AM
Like some people wont consider it cheating if theyre not intrested in completing a dex

It doesn't matter though. Someone unaffiliated with Nintendo or GameFreak created a program to mimic a GTS server. Pokemon data transferred from a DS game to a computer using a third-party device is sent through this false server. People playing the games can trick their DS to recognize the server to download copies of the data.

No part of this could be considered a legitimate way to play the game. I'm not really anti-cheating, I'm anti-taking-things-that-are-cheating-and-claiming-they're-not. Of course I still do wish that people wouldn't cheat, but they have the right to do what they want with their games. (Just as I have the right to complain about it, but trust me, I'm doing very little complaining here)
---