This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is there a way to evolve my kadabra without trading it

#1green butterPosted 4/15/2010 9:09:30 PM
its a pain in the ass to find someone to trade with just to evolve some pokemon and i would like to find a way to do it on my own, are there any glitches or tricks to doing so?
---
America Loves Green Butter
http://www.last.fm/user/celtics91
#2Alpha_218Posted 4/15/2010 9:11:19 PM
No.

inb4lovewillmakeitstrong
#3nishy6Posted 4/15/2010 9:12:15 PM
lovewillmakeitstrong
---
ohai
#4BowtotheTWIGPosted 4/15/2010 9:12:37 PM
Yes, but it still requires the use of the GTS.

Deposit the Kadabra, say you want to trade for a lvl 100 Weedle or something ridiculous

Get out of GTS

Reacquire Kadabra, it will evolve
---
For the love of god people, GameFAQs has a spell check, USE IT. Right click the red underlined word and act intelligent for the first time in your life.
#5final95Posted 4/15/2010 9:12:55 PM
nishy, isn't that a Johnny Test reference?
---
I have darkness. I have Fawful. He'll always live inside of me
#6green butter(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2010 9:14:16 PM

Deposit the Kadabra, say you want to trade for a lvl 100 Weedle or something ridiculous

Get out of GTS

ok i just tried this and i got kadabra back... do i have to wait a long time or something
---
America Loves Green Butter
http://www.last.fm/user/celtics91
#7the master samuraiPosted 4/15/2010 9:14:26 PM
yes, there is a trick. im nto 100% sure this works on heart gold and soul silver, but i think it does. there were 2 ways
1. put it up for trade on the GTS(ask for something that cannot exist) and wait 24 hours. then take t out and it will evolve.
2. put it up for trade on the gts, then search for a pokemon and make a trade(any trade will do). then take out kadabra and it should evolve.
---
the amount of people too notice all gramatical/spelling errors in my signature so far;6
if you seem them, tell me so i can update my signature
#8creami_orange2Posted 4/15/2010 9:14:33 PM
Actually there is another way. Just use the sunstone to evolve it. =)
#9OvirewPosted 4/15/2010 9:15:30 PM

BowtotheTWIG posted...

Get out of GTS

---
For the love of god people, GameFAQs has a spell check, USE IT. Right click the red underlined word and act intelligent for the first time in your life.

uh... You don't have to use the GTS. Find a user on here that you can trust who owns the game, trade it to them, then trade back. It will involve friend-code entry but that's just how it is.

#10varo205Posted 4/15/2010 9:22:47 PM
1. Deposit Kadabra on the GTS and ask for an impossible (lame pkmn at Lv100 [rattata, abra], or unlegit legendaries Lv 1 - 10) this way you won't lose it.
2. Look for a trade... and trade (any trade is fine, the point is to trade something over the GTS)
3. Try to take back your Kadabra and, at the moment it arrives, it'll evolve

this applies for every tradevolution; if an item is needed for the evolution, just equip it before entering GTS

---
HeartGold FC: 3567 3859 6003 (Varo)
TvC FC: (adding this later)