This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is a modest Dragonite acceptable?

#1IhateSeymourPosted 4/21/2010 10:40:57 PM
if some one gave you a Dragonite that is equeally matched with your other pokémon would you put it in your party?
---
Lies! Lies baked in an oven of deceit, glazed in fiction-flavored falseness and served with a side of myth and slander! ~Rift
#2BlueKamiPosted 4/21/2010 10:42:21 PM
modest? what the?
---
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5900/wowwry.png
#3IhateSeymour(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2010 10:43:06 PM
damaged attack boosted special
---
Lies! Lies baked in an oven of deceit, glazed in fiction-flavored falseness and served with a side of myth and slander! ~Rift
#4GroundrattlerPosted 4/21/2010 10:44:11 PM
Modest is a wonderful nature, you wouldn't want your Dragonite to be an annoying bragger now would you?

---
If you can't English anymore, I would recommended to not read of more, as English could an important skills.- Gandob
#5BlueKamiPosted 4/21/2010 10:44:48 PM

damaged attack boosted special

exactly. dragonite shouldn't be modest.
---
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5900/wowwry.png
#6Burning_BreezePosted 4/21/2010 10:48:06 PM
It's not a terrible nature, it's just not the nature which is used with his best movesets. Will not produce the same consistency of results as a standard set, but a special choice specs dragonite isn't useless by any means.
---
Our divided brothers we slay
#7IhateSeymour(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2010 10:50:01 PM
ok I just trained one to give egg moves to a bagon and I realized I have a level 45 dratini but it's modest this may be good but I must ask the internetz!!
---
#8Burning_BreezePosted 4/21/2010 10:53:59 PM
Basically, it's not useless, but far less useful than certain other natures as it forces you to use it in a role which is done better by other pokemon.

It has a bit of an unexpected factor though, which sometimes is enough to win a battle.
---
#9PokerChamp42Posted 4/21/2010 11:06:12 PM
SpecsNite

Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

not the best set but not the worst either

---
I don't like adults with imaginary friends. Please don't litter your mind.
Proud to be atheist and vegetarian. http://veg-tv.info/Earthlings
#10the_wet_mopPosted 4/21/2010 11:06:44 PM

Burning_Breeze posted...
It's not a terrible nature, it's just not the nature which is used with his best movesets. Will not produce the same consistency of results as a standard set, but a special choice specs dragonite isn't useless by any means.
---

i disagree. specs dragonite does nothing that specs mence or specs latias can't do more effecively.

So no, modest isn't a good nature. Dragonite needs to focus on things it can do that its dragon brethren can't like extremespeed.

Of course, if this is for ingame, it'll still be able to beat the trainers, but modest lowers what is arguably dragonite's most important stat.