This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just hatched a shiny charmander quickly.

#1teh1337gosuPosted 4/28/2010 12:18:58 PM
I finally got my shiny Charmander because I just couldn't resist a black Charizard. I used the Matsuda method and it only took less than 8 hours.

I'm sure most of you know what the Matsuda method is, but searching the Internet I couldn't find the most efficient way to get a shiny so I'll let you in on what I believe is by far the fastest non hacking way to obtain a shiny Pokemon.

Step 1: Get on the GTS and search countries that are not English. A foreign Ditto isn't foreign if it's English. Some great countries to check are Germany, Japan, Belgium and my favorite France. After you get the Ditto check to see if it was caught on route 34/35 and met at level 10 (in Heartgold/Soulsilver) or if it was met at the trophy Garden at level 22. Make sure the person is asking for a non legendary, my GTS trade partner requested a Bulbasaur, so the trade seemed as legit as possible.

Step 2: After obtaining the Ditto who's name should be foreign (and your Pokedex entry for Ditto should have a new language able for selecting) place it in the daycare along with any of you Pokemon, as long as it's not the same language as the Ditto.

Step 3: Have only one Pokemon in your party, that Pokemon MUST have Flame body or Magma Armor to reduce the number of steps it takes to hatch an egg (I used a Slugma, make sure it's over level 25 to avoid getting ganked by a wild Pokemon if you step in the grass by accident. Make sure you enable the Daycare man to call you when he gets an egg. Bike up and down Golden Rod and wait for his call. Do not answer the Daycare mans phone and save right in Front of him. Soft reset the game (L+R+start+select).

Step 4: Reload your game, get the egg from the daycare man, Bike up and down and get the 4 other eggs. Hatch them all and if you do not get your shiny soft reset the game. This is much faster than constantly hatching and releasing Pokemon, and the Pokemon's shininess is determined when you receive the egg and not when you hatch it.

Stats: Using the Foreign Pokemon Method your chances of getting a shiny egg go from 1/8192 to 1/2048. Hatching 5 Pokemon per soft reset makes your chances 1/409 or 0.25% chance of getting a shiny every soft reset to load, which equals 0.25% chance every 10 minutes.
---
Now playing: Dragon Quest 5 (DS), Persona 4 (PS2), Shatter (PS3)
#2OdairuPosted 4/28/2010 12:20:54 PM
Shiny Charizard is ugly.
/thread
#3Alpha218Posted 4/28/2010 12:25:18 PM
An easy way to see if you got a foreign Ditto is to check and see if you got a Pokedex entry for it in a new language after the trade. Also something that keeps competitive battlers from using this is that it doesn't work with the Everstone trick or the power item trick.
---
"He put on that tin foil hat and it fused to his body." - Error1335
PSN: Alpha218 - Have a question about a moderation? Look up Hellhole.
#4teh1337gosu(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2010 12:26:55 PM
An easy way to see if you got a foreign Ditto is to check and see if you got a Pokedex entry for it in a new language after the trade. Also something that keeps competitive battlers from using this is that it doesn't work with the Everstone trick or the power item trick.

I know you cannot pass down natures with this trick, but I'm pretty sure the Power Item IV trick does work, correct me if I'm wrong.
---
Now playing: Dragon Quest 5 (DS), Persona 4 (PS2), Shatter (PS3)