This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Breeding a shiny eevee...

#1CaptainLukaPosted 6/11/2010 9:26:37 PM
I came by a shiny eevee, but evolved it into a flareon. I'd eventually like to start breeding more shiny eevees...is it a problem that I evolved mine though? Or can I still use flareon?
And what's the rate for even coming by a shiny when breeding for them? I bred mine with a ditto for a while and got tons of regular eevees.
---
GT - Tyrannikos
SS FC: 0217-4566-5234
#2Xtreme Gamer2Posted 6/11/2010 9:51:55 PM
Breeding a shiny won't give you any better chance of hatching a shiny. It's the same exact odds.
---
XG
Rock on.
#3Kooky_KirbyPosted 6/11/2010 11:23:15 PM
But, if you want more shiny eevees, there are ways to increase the odds other than hacking. (Obviously it works for other pokemon as well)

There's three ways I can think of. Poke-radar, Masuda Method, and RNG.

Poke-Radar chaining can raise the odds of finding a shiny to 1/200 or so. Put simply, when you use the Poke-radar, you can "chain" pokemon, finding many of the same pokemon in a row with increased odds. As you chain, the odds of finding a shiny increase, peaking at about 1/200 at a chain of 40 and higher. For more info see here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/925601-pokemon-diamond-version/41005254

Note that Pokeradar Chaining only works on Pokemon that can be found in tall grass.

The Masuda Method is less effective, only raising the odds to about 1/4000, but it works for anything that can breed and is much simpler. Just breed two pokemon originating from different language games. If you can get a Ditto from, for example, a Japanese copy of D/P/Pt/HG/SS, you can use any pokemon from your game that can breed and have 4 times the odds of getting a shiny.

RNG, short for Random Number Generator, is the most effective, but requires knowledge of your Secret ID, which, if that Shiny Flareon originated on your game, you can apparently find by figuring out the IVs of that Flareon. Or, if you have Wi-Fi, you can trade anything caught on the save file whose Secret ID you want to check to someone with an AR and they can check your Secret ID. If you know your Secret ID, you can use programs online to essentially force the game to give you a Shiny. For more info, see this page:
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/

I must note however that some people, myself included, feel that pokemon from RNG abuse are not legit.
---
Friend Codes in profile.
*Insert funny signature here*
#4Kooky_KirbyPosted 6/11/2010 11:42:53 PM
Sorry, typo. Masuda Method ups the odds to 1/2000, not 1/4000
---
Friend Codes in profile.
*Insert funny signature here*
#5CaptainLuka(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2010 11:51:46 PM
Hey, thanks for the tips! I'm definitely going to check into those things. : D
---
GT - Tyrannikos