This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Tips On Shiny Hunting?

#1siccest559Posted 3/23/2010 2:17:44 AM
So is there ANYTHING I can do to make finding a shiny pokemon easier? Out of ALL my pokemon playing experience, ive NEVER, NOT ONCE saw a single shiny pokemon, besides Red Gyrados and the Pichu from the Event, and Ive beaten all the Generations of pokemon games, my luck just isnt up there with all these other people, i guess. But is there anything i can do? or any tips on what i should do to hunt for a shiny pokemon?
---
Your so bad at Golden Sun that Sheba fell off the lighthouse on purpose and Felix thought the same and followed her.
#2darkshadowspawnPosted 3/23/2010 2:19:37 AM
I don't think there's an analogue in this set of games, but in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, you could chain for shinies. I never had any luck with it, but others swear by it.

I managed to get my first shiny the day before yesterday, though...before then, I was in the exact same boat (all 11 games, about 200 hours per game, 0 non-scripted shinies).
---
I love girls with leprosy...that way I can take some home with me.
#3siccest559(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2010 2:21:26 AM
Wow, well congrats on finding yours then, What pokemon was it? I hope i find mine in this game, i was hoping to myself the night before i picked up this game that this would be the game i find my 1st shiny in. Watch me find one tonight, lol.
---
Your so bad at Golden Sun that Sheba fell off the lighthouse on purpose and Felix thought the same and followed her.
#4PickleChickPosted 3/23/2010 2:23:25 AM
I was in the exact same boat as shadowspawn until I decided to randomly complete my LG pokedex last month. I found a shiny Diglett the first time I went to Diglett Cave, then found a shiny Raticate when I got to the Pokemon Mansion. No idea why they decided to randomly show up but now my faith is somewhat restored that I'll see some in the 4th gen games =3
---
I'll platinum your pokemon! ~ Epic Mark
#5darkshadowspawnPosted 3/23/2010 2:27:32 AM
Wow, well congrats on finding yours then, What pokemon was it?

Rattata, of all things. Too bad the nature isn't exactly what it could be...at least it's a Guts-rat.
---
#6siccest559(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2010 2:30:34 AM
i never knew what the natures were for, what are they for?
---
#7oblivian_ty_7Posted 3/23/2010 2:36:42 AM
some do nothing.... others (most) increase a stats growth an extra 10% while decreasing anothers 10%

also, Shiny are a 1/8000 something chance (don't feel like looking up the exact number :p).... so good luck

I've only come across 2 Legit:
Shiny Gulpin in Sapphire
hatched a Shiny Wish+Curse Eevee in Pearl <3
---
PSN: XRagnarokRiderX
Now Playing: Pokemon SS, FFXIII, and MW2
#8darkshadowspawnPosted 3/23/2010 2:37:23 AM
Some natures increase one stat by 10% while reducing another by the same 10%. If you're not competitively minded, they have very little bearing on your in-game play...but every little bit helps.
---
#9oblivian_ty_7Posted 3/23/2010 2:39:19 AM
oh and there's actually 1 way of increasing the chances of a shiny:

the babies of 2 pokemon that are from different regions of a Pokemon game (ex: one if from your game, and another you traded for from a Japanese version) will yield a 75% higher chance of hatching a Shiny (a 1/2000 something chance instead of 1/8000 something)
---
PSN: XRagnarokRiderX
Now Playing: Pokemon SS, FFXIII, and MW2
#10siccest559(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2010 2:42:17 AM
Really? well GTS Here i come :) Im gettin me some Japan pokemon, that is if i even find one thats not looking for a lv 100 legendary, i hate that.
---