This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does riding you bike count as steps for hatching a egg / raising happiness?

#1GoldenHawk777Posted 4/1/2010 1:03:36 AM
Topic.
---
Q9450 2.67ghz, 8800GT, 4GB OCZ RAM 800mhz, 650watt Cooler master Power supply, 1.25 Terabyte storage, 780i mobo, Antec 900 case. 1680X1050
#2Kellye8498Posted 4/1/2010 1:04:01 AM

Yup

#3codemarshankPosted 4/1/2010 1:38:18 AM
Absolutely. In HG/SS, I always ride my bike up and down the center of Goldenrod... Well, actually, slightly off center. If you go to the south end of Goldenrod, and bump up against the inner-right side of the arch, you can ride straight north and south for a number of steps-85 to be exact-without worrying about running through the gatehouse to the north. It's the longest distance-that I know of-in the game you can run straight without worrying about encountering random Pokémon ;)
#4HadriPosted 4/1/2010 2:18:47 AM
It's the longest distance-that I know of-in the game you can run straight without worrying about encountering random Pokémon

Cycling Road in Kanto. would be a great deal more than that. That's usually where I go.

I remember in Crystal I figured out a circuit route of Kanto that had no wild pokemon. I haven't cleared all the trainers yet so I'm not sure if it's still like that. But it was nice to hatch an egg and only see the same scenery five times or so.
---
Fight the orbits as they drive us
#5kanime_yutaPosted 4/1/2010 2:30:34 AM
Cycling Road in Kanto. would be a great deal more than that. That's usually where I go.

The benefit of being in Goldenrod City, and by the same token Solaceon Town in D/P/Pt, is that you're right next to the breeders. If you're trying to aim for a specific nature or gender, then breeding multiple eggs is a must. It just comes in handy when you have that long single-line strip you can ride on, picking up any eggs as you pass by the Old Man.
---
Furry pride! "Yiff in hell, you say? Gladly!"
#6HadriPosted 4/1/2010 2:34:50 AM
naturally. Since it takes much longer to hatch an egg than for a pokemon to make one I tend to prefer doing it five at a time. I do cycle around goldenrod waiting for them to lay that many :P
---
Fight the orbits as they drive us