This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What should my Haunter's moveset be?

#1g-cube_mastaPosted 4/6/2010 9:15:40 PM
It's level 18 right now.

Spite
Curse
Mean Look
Night Shade

Obviously a horrible moveset right now.

I was thinking it's final moveset would be

Hypnosis
Dark Pulse
Dream Eater
Shadow Ball

But the Haunter I caught doesn't have Hypnosis ;_;

There's probably a way to get it to learn it (not sure if there's heart scales in this game yet) but I think I want to drop what I was going for.

So I looked around a bit for Haunter movesets but can't find any really good ones. A rough one I'm thinking of now is

Confuse Ray
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball

Mainly cause Confuse Ray is awesome, and then I have a variety of dark/psychic/ghost moves to choose from, to capitalize on weaknesses, etc.,

Any help?

---
Kurt Angle doesn't have sex. He breaks a girl's ankle so she can't run away, and somehow between the 5th and 6th German Suplex, his seed is planted. ~CalIMeCyke
#2iforgotnmynamePosted 4/6/2010 10:28:00 PM
Having Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball is kinda redudant as Dark and Ghost are almost the exact same offensively, and Shadow Ball gets STAB so drop Dark Pulse and pick something else for better coverage or usefulness.

---
Yes i am insane. Abnormally insane though. For that reason i can keep my sanity.
#3g-cube_masta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2010 11:14:50 PM

Having Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball is kinda redudant as Dark and Ghost are almost the exact same offensively, and Shadow Ball gets STAB so drop Dark Pulse and pick something else for better coverage or usefulness.

Good point, thanks.

So

Confuse Ray
Psychic
Shadow Ball
???
Profit

---
Kurt Angle doesn't have sex. He breaks a girl's ankle so she can't run away, and somehow between the 5th and 6th German Suplex, his seed is planted. ~CalIMeCyke
#4R4Z0Rs3DG3Posted 4/6/2010 11:18:36 PM
focus blast is pretty amazing and easy to obtain
---
What? Stupid Friend is evolving!
Congratulations! Stupid Friend evolved into Complete Idiot!
(FC and other info in quote)
#5KloflePosted 4/7/2010 12:07:43 AM

i disagree. dark pulse can make opponent flinch. ur original set is good if u use a heartscale for hypnosis. nightmare is something u might want to consider as well. and i highly suggest you evolve it

#6KloflePosted 4/7/2010 12:09:43 AM

in fact, im using gangar lvl 46

hypnosis

dream eater

dark pulse

shadow ball(plan to get rid of this)

#7CosmicPosted 4/7/2010 12:10:57 AM
Pure ingame?

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Giga Drain

---
Imagine that.
#8koeke14Posted 4/7/2010 12:11:29 AM
I plan of getting this:

-Curse
-Hypnosis
-Dream eater
-Shadow Ball

---
HG/SS FC: 5371-2916-7875
Pokemon Pearl FC:4383-3193-5017
#9KloflePosted 4/7/2010 12:14:02 AM

curse is decent, but why shadow ball? as said, it lowers STAB but wouldnt u rather have the enemy flinch, giving you an extra turn?

#10g-cube_masta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2010 12:14:50 AM

Pure ingame?

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Giga Drain

Yeah, in game, and that sounds good but I'm kind of partial to my current idea since I've got electric covered. Don't have Grass covered so I might go Giga Drain over Confuse Ray... maybe

---