This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Roaming Legendary Glitch (Latios confirmed, so far)

#1UltimaOmegaWeaponPosted 4/8/2010 8:56:30 AM
Hey, just thought I'd post something weird I noticed.

I've been resetting to get a Timid Latios ( T_T Timid Synchonizer doesn't work. T_T) and I noticed that Latios wasn't behaving normally as a roamer.

If you can lure Latios to one of the routes around Saffron City (only use the northern route to Saffron if you have Rock Climb), you should be able to walk into the route where it is without causing it to move away.

IE, My character is on the route south of Saffron, but Latios is to the east of Saffron, I can run into Saffron, and out onto the eastern route, and Latios will not move at all. As long as Saffron City is your only transition point between routes, Latios doesn't move.

This glitch should help you chase down Latios a lot easier. I think it may have something to do with the route gates messing up Latios' roaming.

Can anyone confirm if this sorta thing works for other roamers?

Since I'm SR'ing for Latios, I've confirmed this works about 5 times already. Still no Timid Latios though. T_T
#2ReevesinatorPosted 4/8/2010 8:57:59 AM
I ran into latios 8 times in a row last night on Route 1
---
PSN = Reevesinator
#3UltimaOmegaWeapon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2010 9:47:31 AM
Bump.
#4IHatePikachuPosted 4/8/2010 9:49:11 AM
I think you're just lucky, it might have moved to another route and then moved back to the route leading to Lavender Town.
#5UltimaOmegaWeapon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2010 2:29:24 PM
...In my quest for a Timid Latios, I've done this over a dozen times now. Is it not working for anyone else?
#6Lucky_XIII_1991Posted 4/8/2010 2:32:39 PM
dont know if this works in HG/SS considering the roaming locator is different, but you can always look where they are, close the locator, and fly to that location. as long as you dont open the locator back up, they shold still be there. that's how i always track down roamers
---
yunie_lady_luck-You copied this! Shame on you!
Xienzo-Perhaps he'll report himself for stealing his own topic. >_>
#7UltimaOmegaWeapon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2010 2:36:48 PM
I don't think Fly has ever worked...

I always thought that the pokemon teleported to another location if you used Fly.
#8Swordsman0Posted 4/8/2010 2:39:25 PM
They don't in this game. I caught up with Raikou and Entei more times then I can count using fly.
---
What? Humanity is evolving!
Religion presses B. ~DKDKDKDKDKDK
#9Swordsman0Posted 4/8/2010 2:40:03 PM
*and they didn't move at all, as you're experiencing with Latios.
---
What? Humanity is evolving!
Religion presses B. ~DKDKDKDKDKDK
#10littledragonmanPosted 4/8/2010 2:52:37 PM
I think i got the answer on how this is happening.

The same thing kept happening to me except Latios was outside the Southern part of Saffron.

it seems Latios (and other roamers) won't move if it's on a route that has a building for it's entrance point.

same goes for Entei and Raikou
---
Colorado Rockies: 1-1 (2nd in NL West)
Boston Bruins: 36-30-13 (85 points) 8th Place in Eastern Conference