The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Mono-gender species

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Moofonza

Moofonza
6 years ago#1
So if a male, mono-gendered species (Taurus, for example, or the Nidoking line) breeds with a member of the corresponding all-female species (taurus and milktank, nidoking and queen), is it possible for their offspring to be male? Is it possible to breed Taurus or nidoran(male) at all?
GT - InfidelBrownies
It's like comparing Puff the Magic Dragon to a D&D Dragon to a goddamn Shark who grew legs because it ate everything in the sea.

User Info: Lone_Hunter

Lone_Hunter
6 years ago#2
only by using a ditto will u get that male form
GT: linkhawkins
DITTO has potential to be the best pokemon ever

User Info: SeprenMaelstrom

SeprenMaelstrom
6 years ago#3
The above is not entirely true... Tauros needs to breed with Ditto to obtain another. Miltank will only have other Miltank as offspring.

The base-form Nidorans are able to breed together for 50% of either gender; however their later stages cannot produce eggs of their own species, it seems. I don't know if the male line is able to breed with others in order to pass on egg moves, but it's possible - can anybody confirm?

Volbeat / Illumise are also 50 / 50.
SoulSilver FC: 5457 1828 6470

User Info: yzman

yzman
6 years ago#4
Nidorina and higher can't reproduce, they are sterile. All of the male nidorans can breed though.
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived