The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mono-gender species

#1MoofonzaPosted 8/30/2010 6:50:08 PM
So if a male, mono-gendered species (Taurus, for example, or the Nidoking line) breeds with a member of the corresponding all-female species (taurus and milktank, nidoking and queen), is it possible for their offspring to be male? Is it possible to breed Taurus or nidoran(male) at all?
---
GT - InfidelBrownies
It's like comparing Puff the Magic Dragon to a D&D Dragon to a goddamn Shark who grew legs because it ate everything in the sea.
#2Lone_HunterPosted 8/30/2010 7:10:31 PM
only by using a ditto will u get that male form
---
GT: linkhawkins
DITTO has potential to be the best pokemon ever
#3SeprenMaelstromPosted 8/30/2010 11:29:58 PM
The above is not entirely true... Tauros needs to breed with Ditto to obtain another. Miltank will only have other Miltank as offspring.

The base-form Nidorans are able to breed together for 50% of either gender; however their later stages cannot produce eggs of their own species, it seems. I don't know if the male line is able to breed with others in order to pass on egg moves, but it's possible - can anybody confirm?

Volbeat / Illumise are also 50 / 50.
---
SoulSilver FC: 5457 1828 6470
#4yzmanPosted 8/31/2010 4:35:50 AM
Nidorina and higher can't reproduce, they are sterile. All of the male nidorans can breed though.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."