This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

where can i get a Lucky Egg from in game?

#1FizzyElfPosted 9/6/2010 2:43:06 PM
can someone please tell me where I can get a lucky egg from in game?

my first pokemon is ready to start it's leveling
as I'm done EV training and well I'd love a lucky egg for the exp boost.

if someone could tell me where i can find it in game that'd be awesomeness. :)

thanks in advance to anyone who has the info.
---
"man's greatest treasure, is wit beyond measure."
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 0174-6539-3838 (Matt)
#2CommanderxGreenPosted 9/6/2010 2:49:08 PM
Wait for a Chansey swarm. They have a 5% chance to hold one.

If you have a Butterfree at the lead of your party (it can be fainted), it will increase your odds of getting one. If you have a Pokemon with the Frisk ability (like Stantler) it can tell you when a Chansey has one. So you can farm them pretty easily. Put a fainted Butterfree at the lead of your party with a Stantler as #2, then you can either capture the Chansey when it has one or otherwise use Thief or something like.
#3FizzyElf(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2010 2:51:08 PM
there's swarms in soul silver?

where do chancey appear?

i got one from a trade so i haven't bothered looking for one at all.
do they still appear in the safari zone?
---
#4FizzyElf(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2010 3:01:27 PM
WOOT got someone to trade me one.

thanks for the info tho. much appreciated :)
---
#5zeik56Posted 9/6/2010 3:02:02 PM
No, you can find them in the wild. (Otherwise none of those Pokemon abilities would work.) Chansey Swarms are pretty rare though, you'll probably have to manually change the time to speed up the process.
---
What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce. ~ Mark Twain
#6Cloud789Posted 9/7/2010 5:04:34 PM

No, you can find them in the wild. (Otherwise none of those Pokemon abilities would work.) Chansey Swarms are pretty rare though, you'll probably have to manually change the time to speed up the process.

I believe Compoundeyes still works in the Safari Zone.
---
Proud Member of YKDDP
#7zeik56Posted 9/7/2010 5:12:02 PM
Even if it does it won't be that much help, since they're hard enough to catch as is. Even with a wild swarm with Compound Eyes and Frisk it can still take a long time to actually find a single Chansey holding a Lucky Egg.
---
#8CommanderxGreenPosted 9/7/2010 5:19:42 PM
"""Even if it does it won't be that much help, since they're hard enough to catch as is. Even with a wild swarm with Compound Eyes and Frisk it can still take a long time to actually find a single Chansey holding a Lucky Egg."""

This is absolutely not true. I've done it several times and every time I found one within minutes. I farmed fifty of them one day during a swarm. They're incredibly easy to get when you abuse Compound Eyes and Frisk.
#9zeik56Posted 9/7/2010 5:26:36 PM
When I went to get mine not long ago it took me an hour or more just to find one. And that's not even taking into account how long it took to get a Chansey Swarm to appear in the first place.

And either way, trying to get one from the Safari Zone isn't nearly as efficient as getting one from a swarm, which was my actual point.
---
#10Cloud789Posted 9/7/2010 5:36:59 PM
Of course, getting one from the Safari Zone is absolutely pointless and time-wasting when you can just wait for a swarm and have a Frisk/Thief Pokemon in second position.
---
Proud Member of YKDDP