This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mysteey egg run journal

#1kagster123Posted 8/24/2012 4:54:25 AM
Heyall. :) Though it would be fun to do a small journal of my newest playthrough for SS, a mystery egg run, to help keep this board a little more active.

I haven't gotten to play much since i've been focusing on Pokemon Black, but heres the team:

Rotom lvl 9
-thunder wave
-thundershock
-confuse ray
-uproar

Chatot lvl 12
-Peck
-Fly
-Taunt
-Mirror Move

Absol lvl 13
-Scratch
-Quick Attack
-Taunt
-Leer

Elekid lvl 12
-Quick Attack
-Low Kick
-Thundeebolt
-Thunder

Lickitung lvl 10
-Lick
-Solarbeam
-Flamethrower
-Supersonic

*unhatched Water-type mystery egg*

As you can see I dont have too much variation in my types, but luckily my Pokemon have very vast movepools and can learn a lot of different moves with different types. Thank god Lickitung came with those moves, or else id be stuck with Lick and Knock Off until I get Stomp at lvl 21 lol. Rotoms part Ghost type will help differentiate it from the superior Elekid, and Chatot will be in charge of Flying type coverage and fun times with Chatter. :p My absolute (lol) fav so far has been Absol. Such a cool Poke. Unfortunately he doesnt learn super powerful moves till much later in the game, but when he gets swords dance he should be able to sweep in game easily.

Since I couldnt trade till after Falkner, my team is a little underleveled. I just reached Azalea and im going to grind a little bit before I take on team rocket.

Usually bugsys Scyther annoys me, but with Lickitung, Elekid, and Rotom on my team it should be a piece of cake!

I also plan on hatching that water type asap! i hope its not a magikarp because even though Gyarados is awesome, ive used it in game a lot and raising magikarp would be a pain, but we'll see, :)

Until next time!
---
Pokemon SS FC: 1636 1246 2125
Pokemon Black FC:4728 5002 5217
#2mnkysprnPosted 8/25/2012 10:04:51 AM
Umm you could trade as soon as you get your pokedex in HGSS versions.

Had my teams breed and sent them over quickly as soon as i got my dex.
---
OT: Black FC: 1721 2588 4695
Official Metagross of the Pokemon boards
#3kagster123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 2:49:16 PM
Oh. I could've sworn there was a girl blocking the way downstairs in Cherrygrove's Pokemon Center!

Either way I decided to do a Nuzlocke in Soulsilver instead, and do the mystery egg run in Platinum.
---
#4DaGreatOnelolPosted 8/25/2012 3:06:42 PM
Nuzlocke that popular?
#5kagster123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 3:22:14 PM
DaGreatOnelol posted...
Nuzlocke that popular?

Apparently lol. I've never done either, but Nuzlocke seems like more of a challenge. I'm on my way to Goldenrod already and I haven't had any Pokemon faint. Was also lucky enough to find a Heracross as the first Pokemon in Azalea. <3
---
#6mnkysprnPosted 8/25/2012 4:13:39 PM
kagster123 posted...
Oh. I could've sworn there was a girl blocking the way downstairs in Cherrygrove's Pokemon Center!

Either way I decided to do a Nuzlocke in Soulsilver instead, and do the mystery egg run in Platinum.

Not for the trading using the Union room.
---
OT: Black FC: 1721 2588 4695
Official Metagross of the Pokemon boards
#7kagster123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 6:53:53 PM
I just lost my Quilava to a crit from Whitney's ****ing Miltank!!!

ALL MY HATE!!!!
---
#8patkelly929Posted 8/28/2012 8:58:56 AM
kagster123 posted...
DaGreatOnelol posted...
Nuzlocke that popular?

Apparently lol. I've never done either, but Nuzlocke seems like more of a challenge. I'm on my way to Goldenrod already and I haven't had any Pokemon faint. Was also lucky enough to find a Heracross as the first Pokemon in Azalea. <3

I did one in SS. I got to the Elite 4, but I was under-leveled and I lost everyone.

I liked to keep the Pokemon that fainted in a box called Graveyard instead of releasing them. Felt more like a proper burial. I think I lost 4, maybe 5 along the way.

I might start one up in Platinum after my regular play through of HG. I usually don't name my Pokemon, but Nuzlocke got me into the habit of it. My current team is:

Pipi - Pidgeot
Mehrgmehr - Magmar
Nessie - Lapras
Heraboss - Heracross
Bampharos - Ampharos
Swagsire - Quagsire.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#9kagster123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 2:27:50 PM(edited)
Ya if you don't grind it makes the game really difficult. If I have one problem with Gen 2 (and the remakes), it's that the leveling is just all around messed up. Jasmine with higher lvl Pokemon than Pryce, a Gym leader with a lvl 41 Pokemon when you have the crappiest wild Pokemon to fight against...it's like if I don't grind after every 2 gyms I start falling behind.

I play the game different though. It's very hard for me to play the game using a team of 6. I always like rotating members and using different kinds of Pokemon. That's probably why I need to grind more than others.
---
Pokemon SS FC: 5458 6611 2372