This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unorthodox Teams that work?

#1Excaliber010Posted 11/15/2012 3:58:40 PM
What do you guys think are some unorthodox teams that can still beat the game? As in 6 weird Pokemon that no one would really use but will work well anyway. Just trying something different for a new play through of this game since I haven't played in awhile.
---
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...
#2SNES_DavePosted 11/15/2012 4:34:38 PM
I dont know about unorthodox but I'm trying to do a 3 pokemon team consisting of just water, fire, grass.

Never done it before for some reason. Should be easy, just have to decide who i actually want to use lol
#3ChroamacPosted 11/16/2012 9:22:02 AM
Yeah I'm using a few guys that aren't too common :)

I'm planning on using Tangrowth, Golem, Machamp, Slowking, Typhlosion (well, he's a starter but still) and Granbull!

It's kinda hard but once you get some good moves, you'll be flyin' along :D
#4Excaliber010(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 9:36:35 PM
Well now I'm thinking of a three-poke team lol. So far I'm thinking 2 would be Magmortar and Electivire. The third I'm not set on. Maybe Slowking or Vaporeon. I just gotta make sure they all have the right moves to cover enough types.
---
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...
#5ChroamacPosted 11/18/2012 3:33:01 AM
Yeah Dave you gave me a great idea, I'm using fire water grass and ghost psychic dark :)
should be fun :)
---
SS FC is 4170 2780 6797
#6armdaggerbladePosted 11/21/2012 4:01:04 AM
How about throwing a bunch of normal-types? Just my 2 cents lol

Currently using

Raticate, Noctowl, Blissey, Stantler, Misdreavus and Azumarill
#7Excaliber010(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 10:09:25 AM
Hmm that's a good idea all normal's. So far I've gotten 7 badges with my Slowking, Electibuzz and Magmar. Kinda forgot to evolve them lol. I'll do that in a bit. I think the only trouble I had was with Whitney. Stupid recovery move that cow had annoyed me like crazy.

I think my levels are around 37. So hopefully I can get over 40 before I face freaking whatsherface for the 8th badge. I should though.
---
#8Excaliber010(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 12:37:03 PM
Beat the Elite 4 and got another 6 badges. Kinda boring though with these guys...it was fun at first but now it's just weird lol. Hopefully next time I'll pick a better 3 or even 2 poke team.
---