Unorthodox Teams that work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. Unorthodox Teams that work?

User Info: Excaliber010

Excaliber010
4 years ago#1
What do you guys think are some unorthodox teams that can still beat the game? As in 6 weird Pokemon that no one would really use but will work well anyway. Just trying something different for a new play through of this game since I haven't played in awhile.
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...

User Info: SNES_Dave

SNES_Dave
4 years ago#2
I dont know about unorthodox but I'm trying to do a 3 pokemon team consisting of just water, fire, grass.

Never done it before for some reason. Should be easy, just have to decide who i actually want to use lol

User Info: Chroamac

Chroamac
4 years ago#3
Yeah I'm using a few guys that aren't too common :)

I'm planning on using Tangrowth, Golem, Machamp, Slowking, Typhlosion (well, he's a starter but still) and Granbull!

It's kinda hard but once you get some good moves, you'll be flyin' along :D

Excaliber010
4 years ago#4
Well now I'm thinking of a three-poke team lol. So far I'm thinking 2 would be Magmortar and Electivire. The third I'm not set on. Maybe Slowking or Vaporeon. I just gotta make sure they all have the right moves to cover enough types.
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...

User Info: Chroamac

Chroamac
4 years ago#5
Yeah Dave you gave me a great idea, I'm using fire water grass and ghost psychic dark :)
should be fun :)
SS FC is 4170 2780 6797

User Info: armdaggerblade

armdaggerblade
4 years ago#6
How about throwing a bunch of normal-types? Just my 2 cents lol

Currently using

Raticate, Noctowl, Blissey, Stantler, Misdreavus and Azumarill

Excaliber010
4 years ago#7
Hmm that's a good idea all normal's. So far I've gotten 7 badges with my Slowking, Electibuzz and Magmar. Kinda forgot to evolve them lol. I'll do that in a bit. I think the only trouble I had was with Whitney. Stupid recovery move that cow had annoyed me like crazy.

I think my levels are around 37. So hopefully I can get over 40 before I face freaking whatsherface for the 8th badge. I should though.

Excaliber010
4 years ago#8
Beat the Elite 4 and got another 6 badges. Kinda boring though with these guys...it was fun at first but now it's just weird lol. Hopefully next time I'll pick a better 3 or even 2 poke team.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. Unorthodox Teams that work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived