This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Growlithe/Arcanine or Vulpix/Ninetales

#11lordlugia_rocksPosted 2/18/2010 3:35:35 PM
I prefer Ninetales it can learn a few psychic and ghost moves it's faster has more SP.def can learb a ton of fire moves (duh!) and can learn energy ball along with hypnosis and nasty plot I use Ninetales as a tool to catch pokemon it's a very good pokemon and it shouldn't be underestimated as it's not something people predict it may be NU but it fits well in all the tiers except for Uber were you shouldn't bother for the most part.
---
pokemon platinum friend code: 0990-2045-0471
Brawl mains: Fox,Pikachu,Falco,Wolf,Meta knight,Kirby
#12master399Posted 2/18/2010 3:37:10 PM
Ninetails all the way.
---
AC:CF Kyle @ Palette 2965-3795-3168
#13Ramen1020Posted 2/18/2010 3:37:46 PM

ARCANINE! He's just a boss hog

#14ChaoticInfernoPosted 2/18/2010 3:55:26 PM
This is one of the reasons why I can't decide between both games. I love Ninetales. But I've always wanted to have an Arcanine but in a lot of the older games, I was never able to find a Growlithe to raise up.

Here are the version exclusives from what I have heard.

Heart Gold:

- Mankey
- Primeape
- Growlithe
- Arcanine
- Spinarak
- Ariados
- Gligar
- Mantine
- Phanpy
- Donphan
- Sableye
- Baltoy
- Claydol
- Kyogre
- Mantyke
- Gliscor

Soul Silver:

- Vulpix
- Ninetales
- Meowth
- Persian
- Ledyba
- Ledian
- Teddiursa
- Ursaring
- Delibird
- Skarmory
- Mawile
- Gulpin
- Swalot
- Groudon

If I got Heart Gold, then I would miss out on Vulpix, Ninetales, Delibird, Skarmory and Groudon in Soul Silver.

And If I picked Soul Silver, I'd miss out on Growlithe, Arcanine, Spinarak, Ariados, Sableye and Kyogre.

Those are the ones I would want to get in either version I buy. You see, my problem is that I don't have access to Wi-Fi so I can't trade online. Then again, I can take my DS to this cafe I go to. Which fortunately has free Wi-fi.

So I might go for Heart Gold. As the one I had on Gameboy was Gold.

---
"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
#15ealstanPosted 2/18/2010 4:36:37 PM
if that's an accurate list of exclusives, i'm gettin' gold hands down, although skarmory kicks soooooo much butt =(. still, though, can't beat mankey =)
---
Knowledge is the most powerful weapon; ignorance is the most dangerous
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn232/WhiteyNZ/bunker.jpg
#16Wolfofspades(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2010 6:01:21 PM
thanks for the opinions guys(feel free to continue) im pretty sure ill be loyal to my ss and get vulpix even though i can get growlithe from my bro whos getting hg we always get opposite versions in all games
#17ChaoticInfernoPosted 2/19/2010 7:46:27 AM
I got the exclusives list from here

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/exclusives.shtml
---
"If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
#18Fyrus797Posted 2/19/2010 8:03:51 AM
I personaly prefer ninetales bc he is an old fav. Arcanine though is also a fav of mine.
I would have to go with ninetales though because ninetales has awsome fire moves and if you want can enter him in pokemon contest.

GO NINETALES!!!
---
Gamefan;Looking forward to playing Halo Reach, Pokemon Soulsilver, and WoW Cataclysm
#19BloodWind88Posted 2/19/2010 10:52:50 AM
Growlithe>Vulpix

BUT...

Ninetails>Arcanine
---
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.
#20NinjarCooNxDPosted 2/19/2010 11:15:08 AM
I'm just going to trade a level 1 Growlithe from my Platinum game.