What are the disadvantages to using a Rare Candy?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. What are the disadvantages to using a Rare Candy?
6 years ago#1
I have 3 Rare Candy's, and I dunno if I want to use them or not. Why should I? And why shouldn't I?

---
6 years ago#2
every time you use a rare candy god kills a kitten
6 years ago#3
Well, they're not bad - you just don't get any EVs when you use them. As long as you don't overdo them you should be fine.
-=Face ME! Face the new LORD OF MURDER!=-
-=Alt of Elemaster55=-
6 years ago#4
EV's?
---
6 years ago#5
If you're finished EV training your Pokemon, then there is no downside to Rare Candies besides not having anymore Rare Candies.
PSN: Rhixcs
Currently Playing: Pokemon SoulSilver
6 years ago#6
They make your pokemon fat and diabetic. Good luck finding insulin at the pokemart, and they won't let you take it out of the pokemon centers, either.
I'm sick of people that suck at video games blaming games and developers. Listen, it's not their fault you're lazy, dumb, and have the reflexes of a dead cow.
6 years ago#7
It really only matters in competitive battles. Rare Candies prevent you from gaining EV's as you level up, making your pokemon weaker overall. However, they're pretty useful in-game because you gain EV's throughout the game. Besides, three levels would make nearly no difference. So go ahead and use them, you have nothing to lose.
6 years ago#8
Umm... What are EV's, and how do I tell how many I have, or when I am "done"? *shrug*
---
6 years ago#9

Umm... What are EV's, and how do I tell how many I have, or when I am "done"? *shrug

Don't worry about it. You can use 1,2, or even 3 rare candies and it won't affect your pokemon.
I do have an idea, but let's run some expensive tests just to be sure
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/Wiiman741/4th.png
6 years ago#10
Effort Value at it's simplest is just an invisible number for each stat on a pokemon that raises based on the pokemon you beat. You gain them at the same time as experience points.
It was a system implemented to make "trained" pokemon seem stronger than ones that were just caught at a high level, or rare candied to level 100 (wish I knew about EVs in Red and Blue >.>)
>:I
Been off the presig cold-turkey since: 23/7/07
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon SoulSilver Version
  3. What are the disadvantages to using a Rare Candy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived