This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Sleep Move?

#1timotonPosted 3/28/2010 9:18:53 PM

I want a pokemon that can put pokemon to sleep for both battle reasons and for catching legendary pokemon. I had a haunter that knew hypnosis but the accuracy was simply terrible so I want to know if there is any better sleep move or a move like lock on that it can learn to ensure 100% accuracy. Also, I traded my haunter for a Gengar which doesn't have hypnosis anymore, will there be a way to relearn it later?

#2crimsonclaw111Posted 3/28/2010 9:21:07 PM
spore has 100% accuracy, but haunter/gengar cannot learn it.
---
is a sig mandatory?
#3mrmukaPosted 3/28/2010 9:23:38 PM
Hypnosis is the best on a non-legendary. Darkrai has Dark Void, but he is very difficult to obtain, and his ability damages sleepers, so he can be difficult to work with.

Crobat is the fastest sleeper, still having Hypnosis. He also has mean-look, which is more accurate and helps vs the dogs some.

Yawn is the most accurate sleep enducer, but does not work on the dogs.

Wobafett can use Shadow Tag to trap the dogs, but can do little to capitalize on that.

Btw, though difficult to do, Freeze gives a better chance than sleep to catch. Lowering your opponent's stats not only makes it easier to last vs them, but also increases your chances.
#4The_EitelPosted 3/28/2010 9:25:29 PM
Well, off the top of my head, both Hypnosis and Sleep Powder have 70% accuracy.

Darkrai has the move Dark Void which has 80% accuracy and puts both of the opponent's Pokemon to sleep in team battles. Though Darkrai is considered Uber, so don't expect to be using him much outside of solo play.

And then there is Yawn which does nothing the first turn, but will make the opponent's Pokemon fall asleep on the next turn. Unless they switch it out, of course. I believe this move has 100% accuracy, though.
---
"Hatred's wot drives me!"
- The Count of Monte Cristo
#5Battousai XPosted 3/28/2010 9:27:26 PM
Another noteworthy thing is Butterfree's Sleep Powder. Due to Compound Eyes, Butterfree's Sleep Powder is 97% something.
---
"Trying to read any probabilities before the result is useless." - Frederica Bernkastel
Pokemon SoulSilver: 3953-9297-9647 / Platinum: 2192-3928-9614
#6crimsonclaw111Posted 3/28/2010 9:32:36 PM
sleep powder's accuracy is actually 75%.
spore would be your best bet, but only paras, parasect, and shroomish can learn it.
or you could sketch it as smeargle.
---
is a sig mandatory?
#7NineTailsOFuryPosted 3/28/2010 9:50:26 PM

sleep powder's accuracy is actually 75%.
spore would be your best bet, but only paras, parasect, and shroomish can learn it.
or you could sketch it as smeargle.

Not sure which of the above two posts you were referring to so I'll cover both. Sleep powder does indeed have a base accuracy of 75%, but with compoundeyes a 30% boost ups that to 97.5. But butterfree's the only pokemon with that ability, and breloom with spore's a lot better imo. Just don't evolve shroomish until it learns spore since breloom can't learn it directly.
---
Press button, receive duck. Press button again, receive ductorate.
Don't press button third time. Don't ask why.
#8darkshadowspawnPosted 3/28/2010 9:52:59 PM
But butterfree's the only pokemon with that ability...

Venonat (who can also Sleep Powder), Yanma, and Nincada also can have the ability.
---
I love girls with leprosy...that way I can take some home with me.
#9NineTailsOFuryPosted 3/28/2010 10:08:11 PM

But butterfree's the only pokemon with that ability...

Venonat (who can also Sleep Powder), Yanma, and Nincada also can have the ability.

apparently the only fully evolved one, which seeing as I got that from smogon would explain why I missed those other two. eh. spore's still on a better poke.
---
King of Hearts of the RI shuffle alliance
Current form: Trace, a self proclaimed mad scientist.
#10darkshadowspawnPosted 3/28/2010 11:03:52 PM
eh. spore's still on a better poke.

True, but it takes forever to get Spore. If you can get a Smeargle to Sketch it, though...slightly faster than Breloom.
---
I love girls with leprosy...that way I can take some home with me.