This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Moveset for Dratini

#1KraftyKidPosted 4/5/2010 4:12:34 PM
I was looking for a good Pokémon to take the 6th place in my line up, and after I got ES Dratini, I decided on him.
I have no idea what a good moveset for him would be tho.
After looking at the moves he will learn, I'm not sure which ones I want (outside of Dragon Dance)
I still have Dragon TMs, and might use those.

Also, for the record, this is just for in game; I don't plan on battling anyone on WiFi, so I'm not looking to breed him w/ the best moves possible, just a good set that will help me get through the E4 and on.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!
---
http://backloggery.com/KraftyKid/sig.gif
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8134/kraftykid.png
#2Catastrophe_90Posted 4/5/2010 4:17:16 PM
Dragonite:
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Thunderbolt
- Brick Break/Superpower

There. Destroys Karen and Lance. Hits 60% of Will's team for x2 damage. Hits everything other than Shedinja for neutral damage. And covers it's Dragon and Ice (and even the Water-types with Ice moves) weaknesses.
#3SouretsuPosted 4/5/2010 4:17:42 PM
I'd go with ExtremeSpeed, Waterfall/Aqua Tail, Outrage, and maaaaaaaaybe Fly, depending on your opinion of it for ingame.

DDance or Roost, or even something like Light Screen is an option though.
---
Computers are a lot like air conditioners. Everything works fine, until you open up Windows. (406 laughs)
Check quote for Spore Games Board.
#4HaragornGZPosted 4/5/2010 4:20:25 PM
Extreme Speed
Dragon Claw/Dragon Rush
Fire Punch
Roost/Dragon Dance

That's what I'm doing for mine. Dragon Claw is more accurate but less powerful than Dragon Rush, but ca only be learned once your Dratini has turned into a Dragonite. I prefer Claw, because Rush misses a quarter of the time. Roost or Dragon Dance is your choice, and I'm guessing from your post you'd be leaning towards Dance.
#5CSplitterPosted 4/5/2010 4:24:52 PM
I say mixed attacker with SP.ATT and ATT EVs. The Anti-lead smogon set has helped me alot on competitive play.

Earthquake.
E-speed
DracoMeteor
FireBlast
---
Joshua : I suppose it is inevitable....sometimes....
Neku : I suppose your an ass. All the time....
#6Y2JFan95Posted 4/5/2010 4:32:50 PM
ExtremeSpeed
Dragon Dance
Dragon Rush
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Brick Break (whichever tickles your proverbial fancy.)
I swept the Elite 4 the second time around with this moveset, and my Dragonite was level 61 when I started. I personally used Ice Beam, BTW.
---
I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! I gotta jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it?
#7KraftyKid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2010 4:34:53 PM
Awesome. Thank you all for your input. This will help me a lot.
I taught him waterfall, and then learned aqua tail for some reason. I got rid of twister for it.

Also, I have another question. He just hit level 32, but I haven't evolved him yet, b/c I wanted to learn moves faster (even tho I don't really like what he learns, unless it's hyper beam at lvl 55, but I don't know that I wanna keep a dratini until 55)

To my question: What lvl should I evolve him from Dratini?
---
#8KraftyKid(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2010 4:37:14 PM
Also, for my Murkrow:
Should I teach him fly and give up wing attack?
The only reason I haven't is cause I like having a flying attack that doesn't take two turns.
---
#9SouretsuPosted 4/5/2010 4:45:39 PM

Awesome. Thank you all for your input. This will help me a lot.
I taught him waterfall, and then learned aqua tail for some reason. I got rid of twister for it.

Also, I have another question. He just hit level 32, but I haven't evolved him yet, b/c I wanted to learn moves faster (even tho I don't really like what he learns, unless it's hyper beam at lvl 55, but I don't know that I wanna keep a dratini until 55)

To my question: What lvl should I evolve him from Dratini?

Generally Waterfall is considered better than Aqua Tail, just for the sake of letting you know. You probably want to keep Dratini from evolving until it learns Outrage.
---
Computers are a lot like air conditioners. Everything works fine, until you open up Windows. (406 laughs)
Check quote for Spore Games Board.
#10EOS-KING-zerkerPosted 4/5/2010 5:02:14 PM
Dragonite
-Fire Punch/Thunder-Wave/Flamethrower: {During play, online or in-game, you'll face some powerful Ice types such as Piloswine or Jynx. Personally, I'd use Fire punch or Flamethrower to remove them in a turn./ Though if you would prefer to become a speed demon or a strategic player then thunder wave could even the odds, especially on pokemon such as Salamence.}
Brick Break/Will-o-wisp/Attract: {I would prefer an atrract Dratini for paralysis and immobilization work hand-in-hand and allow you to sweep very easily, though I would prefer a female./ Will-o-wisp can knock down Physical pokemon such as Machamp. This move will fourth their attack power./ Brick Break would be useful for knocking down walls, especially pokemon such as Meganium that use Reflect or lightscreen to minimize damage.}
Swagger/Focus-Punch/Captivate: {Again, Ice types dominate you, though you will have a surprise. If your gender is the opposite of your foe, then captivate them, harshly lowering their special attack thus dealing lower percentages of damage./ Focus Punch works wonders if you can attract and paralyze your foe. There is a 75% chance that you will not get struck on the same turn, leaving them to suffer 120 points of power./ Swagger should be used mainly on special types, namely pokemon such as Alakazam. Their low defenses and mediocre attack will not kill them, though it can give you openings and as-well they won't be dealing much damage as they are not physical pokemon as mentioned above.}
Ice/Dragon: {This move can be any Ice or Dragon typed move.}

Held Item: Lum Berry/ (Ice resistant berry)/ Wise Glasses/ Muscle Band.
---
>_> >_< <_<
~Irony, it never fails.