This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long do you wait til you evolve your starter pokemon?

#1OckmanPosted 4/22/2010 8:21:33 AM
I always have a hard time letting go of my pokemon, and just let them evolve. I like the cute starter appearance of them, but I know there comes a time when I'll have to let them go, and get stronger through evolution.

I do know it is beneficial to hold off on evolving for a while tho, so they can learn some moves faster. I can't quite decide at what level it's really good enough, and just let them evolve already. What do you think? When do you let your starter pokemon evolve?
---
PSN: Ockman XBOX LIVE: I ockman I
#2killbot357Posted 4/22/2010 8:22:49 AM
asap
#3CVDPPosted 4/22/2010 8:23:43 AM
My pokemon evolve as soon as they're ready. The only exception is for the purposes of breeding/egg moves, and even then I usually evolve them anyways and just get those few extra levels. Pokemon is how I waste time, so I usually don't worry about doing things fast.
---
Also, you know it's clobberin' time because he checks his watch to make sure. - RialPowers
\_O__/
#4RPG_ApostlePosted 4/22/2010 8:24:02 AM
I didn't.

My Tododile is in my box. Just beat the Elite 4, Lt. Surge, and now I just beat Sabrina.

What's my main? Machamp/Gengar. They haven't left my party since I caught Machop and Ghastly, except to evolve them.
---
Go to your local school board and demand your money back. Clearly public education did nothing for you. -darkfire9430
#5-Fromage-Posted 4/22/2010 8:24:26 AM
I let them evolve as soon as they can.
#6Buried_CitrusPosted 4/22/2010 8:24:56 AM
^^That. The Johto starters are the second worst in the series.
---
HOLD THE LI-INE...LOVE ISN'T ALWAYS ON TIME
#7Buried_CitrusPosted 4/22/2010 8:25:31 AM
Sorry. Two posts above mine. Also, the worst starter(s) in the series? Pokemon Yellow
---
HOLD THE LI-INE...LOVE ISN'T ALWAYS ON TIME
#8weenogPosted 4/22/2010 8:25:58 AM
It varies from pokemon to pokemon. It's easier to decide if you check all three forms of the starter to find out at which levels they learn what moves.
---
A scrub, backed by an overwhelming majority of scrubs, is still just a scrub.
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html
#9Ockman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2010 8:30:17 AM
Well from what I can tell, it's faster for all of them if you don't evolve right away. For example, A lv43 Totodile can learn all it's potential moves, where as if you evolve him to a Feraligatr, he won't learn everything til lv63.
---
PSN: Ockman XBOX LIVE: I ockman I
#10weenogPosted 4/22/2010 8:31:30 AM
Yes, but some moves fall into the "who the hell cares" category, and sometimes (generally when you're defensively weak) you need an overall stat boost more than you need early access to a more powerful attack.
---
A scrub, backed by an overwhelming majority of scrubs, is still just a scrub.
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html