This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When you breed, is the ability inherited? (diglet)

#1blackdtPosted 4/25/2010 9:40:59 AM
My dugtrio has sandveil, but i want to breed a diglett with arena trap, will the diglet 100 percent inherit sand veil?
---
FC: 1720 5871 2807
name: Light
#2Smartz00Posted 4/25/2010 9:44:31 AM
It's random.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 4210 9656 2646
Name: L
#3kingdomkazooiePosted 4/25/2010 9:48:43 AM
No the ability isn't inherited. Since diglett has two abilities, it will be one or the other.
---
I Will Never Be Afraid Again. I Will Keep On Fighting Til The End.
I Can Walk On Water I Can Fly. I Will Keep On Fighting Til I Die.
#4PoultryPhoenixCPosted 4/25/2010 10:33:09 AM
I had a Pressure Absol, but I wanted a Super Luck Absol. So I bred my Pressure Absol and got a bunch of SL ones.

There WERE more Pressure ones than SL ones, though.
---
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb157/Exilewolfy/Blaziken.jpg
Official Blaziken of the B/W boards
#5GigafreakPosted 4/25/2010 11:08:30 AM
Ability is not influenced by anything while breeding. It's just a coin flip.
---
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.
#6GigafreakPosted 4/25/2010 11:20:13 AM
Oh, and, if you wanted Arena Trap to prevent the roaming legendaries from fleeing, you'll want to know that Entei and Raikou can use Roar (which will actually delete them from the map until you defeat the Elite Four again), and that Latios Levitates, rendering it immune to Arena Trap.

I suggest getting an Eevee to learn Baton Pass, and then evolving it to Umbreon to learn Mean Look.

Use Mean Look on the first turn to prevent escape, then Baton Pass to a pokemon that can use Ingrain, or one with the Suction Cups or Soundproof ability to prevent Roar from foiling you.
---
#7N1Fighter904Posted 4/25/2010 11:33:38 AM
^ Gigafreak, the roaming legendaries using Roar does not delete them from the map anymore, it was a glitch in the original G/S/C, but was fixed in HG/SS
---
"You can't argue with all of the fools in the world. It's easier to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not paying attention." -Brom
#8GigafreakPosted 4/25/2010 11:37:51 AM
Dude, last SoulSilver playthrough, Entei roared itself off the map for me. It was just plain GONE.

You just have the ability to respawn them by fighting the Elite Four now. Thank goodness for that. But the point is, an Arena Trapped legendary can still get away by Roaring. You'll need some way of dealing with that.
---
#9WindboundPosted 4/25/2010 12:55:19 PM
Wrong. They will sometimes disappear for a while, but they will not be gone until you beat the E4.

---
"Sickness and healing are in every heart. Death and deliverance are in every hand."-Speaker for the Dead
PKMNSSFC: 1291 0401 1351
#10GigafreakPosted 4/25/2010 1:00:09 PM
Yeah, yeah, pick apart the argument that doesn't matter.

If they Roar, they're still getting away from you. That's what's important. Why is everyone getting all upset over a technicality?
---