This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long does it take for pokemon to breed?

#1-lorkPosted 5/10/2010 11:56:37 AM
gonna start ev training my pokes but obviously I need to start from the beginning.
Also how important are natures? not sure if I want to keep breeding until I get an adamant aerodactyl lol
---
WE'RE ALL GOING ON A EUROPEAN TOUR, A EUROPEAN TOUR, A EUROPEAN TOUR
PS3 - LorkFFC. Add me!
#2mtpfreakPosted 5/10/2010 12:10:16 PM
Natures can make or break your pokémon.
For example, an adamant alakazam could be the worst thing you would want, reducing its all important special attack and increasing its useless attacks tat.
If it were docile, it would be an average alakazam because it is neither strengthened or weakened.
Then a modest alakazam, with boosted special attack and reduced attack, would be very powerful, without affects its speed or defenses.

If you want an Adamant Aerodactyl, then the key is to have one of the parents to be adamant, and make it hold an everstone. 50% of the eggs will be adamant.
So, if you have an adamant ditto, go nuts!

How long it takes for a pokémon to breed, depends on how much they like each other.
But all you need to do is repeatedly cross from one map to another, like repeatedly entering/leaving Goldenrod. You should get an egg very quickly.

Oh, and one last tip.
If you want to get an easy adamant (or whatever) ditto, or other breeding pokémon, do the synchronizer trick.
Put a pokémon with the synchronizer ability, and your desired nature, at the lead of your party. (It can be fainted.) 50% of wild encounters will have the same nature, including legendaries.

If you need a synchronizer, spend 200 coins at the Goldenrod Game corner on an Abra, reset as many times as you need.

...Phew, I hope that answers your questions? This is pretty much how to do breeding.
---
My Flipnote Gallery
http://flipnote.hatena.com/RupeeClock/my
#3betterthanormalPosted 5/10/2010 12:16:09 PM
alternatively on the part where mtp mentioned to go buy an abra at the game corner you can just catch one ( its not so hard).

Then you breed the abra to get different natured synchronizers eventually getting an adamant one and then you can go synch a ditto.

i think if you dont already have different natured dittos you shoudl breed abras to get different natured synchronizers.
---
FC: (pearl) :5242 3602 9921(soulsilver) : 1205 1589 9402
use ss fc unless stated otherwise
#4-lork(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2010 12:28:20 PM
brilliant thanks fellas. must be a bit of a bugger though to keep getting abras with the natures AND ability you want?
---
PS3 - LorkFFC. Add me!
#5mtpfreakPosted 5/10/2010 1:59:30 PM
It's much, much faster to get a few hundred coins from Voltorb flip, then keep on resetting at the shop.
---
My Flipnote Gallery
http://flipnote.hatena.com/RupeeClock/my
#6-lork(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2010 6:06:31 PM
Alright so I've got an adamant abra (at last) but it doesn't have synchronize. can you breed with a ditto at all to get an adamant ditto egg or do I have to breed my abra with another to get an adamant abra with synchronize? And how long do I have to wait do you reckon until the abras give me an egg?
---
PS3 - LorkFFC. Add me!