Third Person, Modern Day, and Consoles?

#1King AzarPosted 8/16/2011 3:47:49 AM
*sigh*
---
Jack Nicholson is the only man alive that can make dancing to Prince, scary.
#2TazmanianDPosted 8/16/2011 7:55:25 PM

I see you have a question mark there which says you don't know but I don't know why you're sighing. I don't think any of those three things have been confirmed as being in the next game.

I think a modern day setting is pretty unlikely. I think a console version is very likely but that doesn't *have* to be a bad thing so I won't get upset over it until I have a real reason to be upset. And I don't really care about third person. As long as I can play in first person, I don't think it makes much of a difference. Yeah, a few of the mechanics in TDS were less than optimal because of the "body awareness" for the third person but I thought that was relatively minor.

#3King Azar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 8:26:46 PM
*does rolling up motion with both hands*

Yeah, yeah, yeah...there's a 1% chance this game will be decent, and live up to the original Thief games, but there's a 99% chance it's going to be another crappy title brought about in an attempt to resurrect a series.
---
#4XeonGQPosted 8/18/2011 6:48:03 PM(edited)
Yeah, I don't see changing the setting to modern happening either.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution looks amazing, and if Eidos Montreal can do right by that series, I think they'll do right by Thief also. It's possible they won't but it's also too early to tell.
---
m0oSe - http://bf2s.com/player/45542262/
cap'n clump - http://members.lycos.co.uk/capnclump/
#5stratxPosted 8/21/2011 3:34:39 AM
I'll pass on Thief 4 if they use Steamworks DRM.
#6TazmanianDPosted 8/21/2011 8:32:37 PM

You know, I don't understand why people get so upset over DRM. I don't particularly like it on principle and I'm not sure that it accomplishes what it's supposed to but nevertheless not once out of the hundred or so games I've played (most of which have some form of copy protection) has it ever given me any problems whatsoever other than forcing me to stick a CD in my drive or activate it over the internet. I've never had installation problems. I've never had activation problems. It's never screwed up or crashed my computer. I've never had to contact customer support over it. I've never had trouble re-downloading DLC (although the vast majority of my games I have on physical media).

Perhaps my experience in unusual but I can't get upset over something that's never been negative to me.

#7King Azar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2011 9:12:08 PM
F DRM.

I remember the days when you could get a game and install it without DRM or REQUIRING Steam.
---
#8King Azar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2011 9:13:15 PM
It's hard drive pollution that certain companies feel that we the customers should accept without any questions.
---
#9stratxPosted 8/22/2011 10:44:13 AM
King Azar posted...
F DRM.

I remember the days when you could get a game and install it without DRM or REQUIRING Steam.

Those days are long gone, my friend. I have passed on many a game because of draconian DRM. My spare time (and dollars) are now better spent elsewhere.
#10MonopomanPosted 8/27/2011 10:17:57 PM(edited)
If you didn't play Deus Ex Human Revolution because it has "Steam DRM" your missing out BIG TIME!!!

This is one of the best games of 2011 and will be raved about in years to come.

EVERY BIG NAME GAME USES DRM THESE DAYS DEAL WITH IT!

Steam is the best version of DRM out there period.