Free roam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Thief
  3. Free roam

User Info: teir

teir
4 years ago#1
I'm really hoping to be able to free roam The City. With as much freedom as Assassin's Creed. Hope to hear more news soon.

User Info: CD Set

CD Set
4 years ago#2
I know a lot of Thief fans don't, but I actually agree with you. Not necessarily wishing they put too much emphasis on the climbing, but if they make it right (i.e no loading zones), I think it could turn out to be great. While I do like the mission-style layout of the first two games, I do think it would be cool to sneak around as Garrett through the city, breaking into houses as you traverse the streets. Again, if they do it right.
I just stole 2 seconds from your life.
No, you can't have them back...

User Info: TazmanianD

TazmanianD
4 years ago#3

I agree as well. I think the city in Thief 3 was a good start and just needed to be tweaked a bit. I liked that it added a sense of glue between missions. You literally had to walk from one to the next.

User Info: Thryhring

Thryhring
4 years ago#4
Yeah, I'd like to see this too. Like I mentioned in the one of the older topics one of the things I really liked about Deadly Shadows were the little "mini missions" that you could do in the city areas. I dunno if I want it to be as big as the AC games(if it takes forever to get from one main mission to the next I could see how that could be a nuisance), but maybe a bit bigger than Human Revolution's
m0oSe - http://bf2s.com/player/45542262/
cap'n clump - http://members.lycos.co.uk/capnclump/

User Info: svunte_boy

svunte_boy
4 years ago#5
as long as there are things to do. whether it's a big or small world, I don't want dead space between my start point and missions/merchants/whatever. Since you usually play in big cities, I want it to be a big world but not to big to make it like the other guys said, to long between everything to just run/sneak forever to get somewhere. I want lots of houses to steal from and people to pickpocket.

User Info: CyrianFontaine

CyrianFontaine
4 years ago#6
svunte_boy posted...
as long as there are things to do. whether it's a big or small world, I don't want dead space between my start point and missions/merchants/whatever.

Pretty much this. The Assassin's Creed games have massive cities, but a lot of that space isn't used for much. I'd prefer a smaller space crammed with content, like Batman: Arkham City.
  1. Boards
  2. Thief
  3. Free roam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Milkman Playeth: Thief.MiIkMan61/7 11:56PM