Free roam

#1teirPosted 2/1/2012 3:43:39 PM
I'm really hoping to be able to free roam The City. With as much freedom as Assassin's Creed. Hope to hear more news soon.
#2CD SetPosted 2/1/2012 6:39:52 PM
I know a lot of Thief fans don't, but I actually agree with you. Not necessarily wishing they put too much emphasis on the climbing, but if they make it right (i.e no loading zones), I think it could turn out to be great. While I do like the mission-style layout of the first two games, I do think it would be cool to sneak around as Garrett through the city, breaking into houses as you traverse the streets. Again, if they do it right.
---
I just stole 2 seconds from your life.
No, you can't have them back...
#3TazmanianDPosted 2/1/2012 7:52:00 PM

I agree as well. I think the city in Thief 3 was a good start and just needed to be tweaked a bit. I liked that it added a sense of glue between missions. You literally had to walk from one to the next.

#4XeonGQPosted 2/2/2012 3:15:29 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see this too. Like I mentioned in the one of the older topics one of the things I really liked about Deadly Shadows were the little "mini missions" that you could do in the city areas. I dunno if I want it to be as big as the AC games(if it takes forever to get from one main mission to the next I could see how that could be a nuisance), but maybe a bit bigger than Human Revolution's
---
m0oSe - http://bf2s.com/player/45542262/
cap'n clump - http://members.lycos.co.uk/capnclump/
#5svunte_boyPosted 2/8/2012 12:02:23 PM
as long as there are things to do. whether it's a big or small world, I don't want dead space between my start point and missions/merchants/whatever. Since you usually play in big cities, I want it to be a big world but not to big to make it like the other guys said, to long between everything to just run/sneak forever to get somewhere. I want lots of houses to steal from and people to pickpocket.
#6CyrianFontainePosted 2/14/2012 10:28:36 AM
svunte_boy posted...
as long as there are things to do. whether it's a big or small world, I don't want dead space between my start point and missions/merchants/whatever.

Pretty much this. The Assassin's Creed games have massive cities, but a lot of that space isn't used for much. I'd prefer a smaller space crammed with content, like Batman: Arkham City.