Screenshots!

#1JSH357Posted 3/5/2013 7:49:58 AM
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156488

Looks like it's coming next year.
#2HankyPankyPosted 3/5/2013 9:17:14 AM
Finally some news, its looking stunning in the screenshots.
---
.ROAR!!!..I'M A HOT MEATBALL!!!.
#3stratxPosted 3/5/2013 3:04:54 PM
Sure hope that's a rope arrow. Looks like no 'climbing gloves'.

Nice to see progress....
#4XeonGQPosted 3/5/2013 4:16:26 PM
stratx posted...

Nice to see progress....

Yeah, that was exactly what I thought when I saw the couple of screenshots with Garrett climbing ropes.

Screenshots look great, I wonder what that little glowy gadget he's holding in that one is.
#5CyrianFontainePosted 3/5/2013 4:31:02 PM
We've been waiting so long, it feels so surreal looking at actual screenshots now... Can't believe we're finally getting a glimpse of this game.

Anyway, those shots look good!
#6stratxPosted 3/6/2013 3:33:39 AM
XeonGQ posted...
stratx posted...

Nice to see progress....

Yeah, that was exactly what I thought when I saw the couple of screenshots with Garrett climbing ropes.

Screenshots look great, I wonder what that little glowy gadget he's holding in that one is.

I took that to be a flash bomb.
#7XeonGQPosted 3/6/2013 4:00:46 AM
stratx posted...
I took that to be a flash bomb.

Yeah I guess that makes the most sense, with the bright shiny light on it and all. :P
#8XeonGQPosted 3/8/2013 2:18:18 AM
The whole GI article has been posted here, thanks to couchtater12345 on the Thief PS4 board:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960107-thief/65622418

This page I find a bit concerning:

http://s12.postimage.org/i9iy9zl8d/Screen_Shot_2013_03_05_at_8_12_04_PM.png

This section in particular:

"Eidos was vague about how faithful it would remain to Thief's original lore, but did say that it would tone done many of the series' magical elements. Players won't likely encounter undead monsters or prowling dinosaurs as they did in the early Thief titles."

Who that's a fan doesn't remember the Cathedral levels from the first game? Removing zombies, haunts and other "magical" enemies(I'm guessing all the Pagan beasts, like craymen, the monkey and bug guys, etc.) is a bad idea I think. :/

I'm gonna try to stay optimistic though because the screenshots look good, and EM did right by Deus Ex.
#9ZzombielemurPosted 3/8/2013 10:47:02 PM
Looks like they rebuilt the clocktower and left it sitting long enough to not function and be considered haunted...doesn't that typically take generations...Garret sure has been gone long...maybe that's why he looks so much more zombie-ish.

Don't like the idea of a quest arrow. I liked having to listen to NPC's conversations to figure out where to good loot was, or the trap door, or whatever. Used to have to navigate using a non-magical map that wasn't complete. That's what makes you feel like a master thief....not timed button presses but IRL orientation skills, perseverance, and a whole lot of patience.

I like being able to approach from whatever path I choose, but you don't have to spoon feed it to me. That's part of the challenge. Hopefully we can turn off the quest arrow or hud as a whole to better immerse ourselves.

Good to hear the original story may still be respected as canon. TBH with Garret's cleansing of the glyphs at the end of DS I suppose they could twist that into making this one a less mystical world as a result, but some things ought to stay. Without the mysticism the Pagans won't be the same, the Hammerites won't have any undead to cleanse, and the city itself which game from seemingly nowhere and possess it's own unnatural qualities will just be like any other city...that would be a shame.

Hrmmmm "Focus" IDK about that one. Suppose if you don't like it you can just ignore it and play like you would in the good old days. I'm fine with that. That level of spoon feeding is pretty much mandatory these days.

Still have blackjack TG, and lock picking mini game too sweet. I was afraid it would be mash X until drawer opens. Why a compound bow for the quiet close range work Garret does wouldn't a simple wooden bow make more sense? Less moving shiny metal parts just classic simple wood lacquered black as night.

No mention of moss arrows, and dry ice rather than water. Maybe footsteps aren't as big a problem in this version. I can do without fire arrows though since I never used them anyways just like many of the bombs. Claw rather than super climbing gloves or rope arrow...alright seems fine to me as long as it isn't mechanical with a little winch.

Love seeing the return of special loot, and the note that Garret isn't in it for the money just the thrills...some things never change.
---
"Double Chop! Giant Swing! THE END!" (+ +)