This has the potential to surpass the originals...

#11XeonGQPosted 3/14/2013 12:59:13 AM
Quit taffing around. :P We'll just have to agree to disagree. It's still one of my favorites.
#12ZenrahPosted 3/17/2013 12:06:41 PM
XeonGQ posted...
I'm also a huge fan of the original Deus Ex, and after so long I was a bit worried about how Human Revolution would turn out. But I think Eidos Montreal took great care in HR and made a great game that respected the original(while also being a big improvement over IW). I'd hope that they take the same care with regards to Thief, which to be honest is a series I treasure much more.

The team working on this is entirely different to the DE:HR team. Regardless, everything that has been revealed so far shows that EM have no respect whatsoever for the Thief games. DS will seem a masterpiece and fully faithful to the originals in comparison.
---
If the day came when I felt a natural emotion I'd get such a shock I'd probably jump in the ocean.
#13Vue35Posted 3/17/2013 5:41:40 PM
Zenrah posted...
XeonGQ posted...
I'm also a huge fan of the original Deus Ex, and after so long I was a bit worried about how Human Revolution would turn out. But I think Eidos Montreal took great care in HR and made a great game that respected the original(while also being a big improvement over IW). I'd hope that they take the same care with regards to Thief, which to be honest is a series I treasure much more.

The team working on this is entirely different to the DE:HR team. Regardless, everything that has been revealed so far shows that EM have no respect whatsoever for the Thief games. DS will seem a masterpiece and fully faithful to the originals in comparison.

Deadly Shadows did stick to the originals awfully well, but this might be a great game, just not a good Thief game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yO2JP.png http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llbrieBkab1qh1sico1_500.gif
#14TazmanianDPosted 3/17/2013 10:10:26 PM
Vue35 posted...
Deadly Shadows did stick to the originals awfully well, but this might be a great game, just not a good Thief game.

Yeah, I agree. I heard people argue that Thief: DS wasn't a real Thief game but I think it was. It had some flaws and wasn't as good as the earlier games but it was still a good game and a Thief game.

I think DX:HR is a great game even if had had nothing to do with the original DX games. It felt a lot more different from the originals than Thief: DS did but I did not find that detracted from it. I guess the bottom line is: will T4 be a good game.
---
Join the Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera, the successor to Planescape: Torment:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera
#15wolf riderPosted 3/25/2013 7:51:36 AM
lol Deadly Shadows. I was dumbfounded that the museum level didn't have a single hidden passage in it.
---
"When was the last time someone said 'Man, I wish this game had MORE QTEs'? Never mother******. That's when!" ~ Samuel L. Jackson on QTEs
True story.