How to Dupe items.

#1MearcliffPosted 10/29/2009 1:56:45 PM
Go to a merchant, click on something cheap. After clicking on the item drag the icon to the item in your inventory you want duped. Voila!
#2JamieK1981Posted 10/29/2009 2:23:26 PM
that is so cheating.
#3JRD1912Posted 10/29/2009 4:21:48 PM
That just bought the item, and put the item in my inv in my hand.
#4IcewitchPosted 10/29/2009 5:50:41 PM
Not working for me.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#5WindexglowingPosted 10/29/2009 5:55:34 PM
Works for me, unpatched game.
---
i hate it when people quote other people and put it in there sig! ITS EVIL!
back on topic just do not quit. lol. - thespywholied
#6Sonorous_Jon1S8Posted 10/29/2009 10:08:32 PM
Just tried it and it works...lol

Even if they patch this there is always the shared stash method though.

I dont really need to dupe anything besides gems to upgrade and catfish to sell for cash(although the stash method is far easier for mass fish dupes)
#7Sonorous_Jon1S8Posted 10/29/2009 10:22:48 PM
This is fun

If you do it on an identified rare brass ring the new copy it 'dupes' has all new modifiers
#8IcewitchPosted 10/29/2009 11:30:27 PM
Can someone elaborate on how this works a little more? I'm following it to the letter and nothing. By "clicking" does he mean click and hold and drag or click once? And I'm assuming with left mouse button? Confusing...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#9Sonorous_Jon1S8Posted 10/30/2009 12:06:30 AM
Alright first go to a shop, i used the potion shop. have what you want to dupe in your inventory and not currently equipped.

Then click on something cheap like a red potion. The reason it needs to be cheap is because your essentially buying the red potion so it will cost you 30 gold or 25 if you use a identify scroll.

After you click the item(red potion in this case) drag the mouse over the item in your inventory you want to dupe. Then click the item you want duped. You put the red potion but in the process turned it into the item you click on.

Here are some guidelines i found while screwing around

-Duping with a Base(White-UnEnchanted) equip will spawn the same weapon with a random damage range and random number of sockets
-Duping with an Enchanted equip makes an unenchanted duplicate of the equip with a random damage range and random number of sockets
-Duping with a Rare equip will duplicate the rare but randomly give you new modifiers with a random damage range and random number of sockets
-Duping with a Unique equip will dupe the item Exactly
-Duping with Gems/Shards/Skulls/Eyeballs dupes the gem exactly

In the case of the Rare and Unique dupes the new items need to be identified
Also disregard random damage range if your duping armor, obviously
Duping Gems makes it easy to get a perfect on through transmutation (I personally keep 1 fully transmuted gem of each kind in my shared stash)
#10Sonorous_Jon1S8Posted 10/30/2009 12:14:16 AM
PS

This Duping method will produce an identical Map Scroll

This Duping method does not work with Spells

This Duping method presumably does not work with Fish