Any folks tried out Lore/Summoner build in Very Hard difficulty and is doing wel

#1Death DurronPosted 11/1/2009 12:19:17 AM
After playing with the demo some more I'm considering getting this game and is thinking of jumping straight into Very Hard difficulty. Being a fan of summoner/minion type builds I'm thinking of going with a Lore/Summoner setup for the Alchemist but have been reading some comments stating minions dies too easily in difficulties above Normal.

Have any folks tried out such gameplay as is doing okay now without too much difficulties?

Comments are appreciated,

Thank you
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#2ZaishiPosted 11/1/2009 1:04:02 AM
Not an alchemist, but I have a trapper vanq with some summon spells on very hard. Even without any points in the minion related skills the summons are somewhat useful. Summon skeleton can be spammed every 3 seconds, each one isn't that strong, but they don't die instantly. I usually only use them on bosses, once I get like 4 or 5 out they do a pretty good job of holding the boss's attention, and I'd say that many of them combined do more damage than my normal weapon attacks.
#3DC_TalkPosted 11/1/2009 1:12:56 AM
I played this build on Hard as my very first playthrough.

1) Get an active skill for crowd control. I used Terrify.
2) Burning Bind is your best friend. By default, it buffs your minions' attack by 50%. Imagine a 50% bonus in your damage output from your pet. Now add in 5 skeletons, 5+ skeleton archers, 3 zombies....
3) At least one point in your shield spell is a good choice.
4) HEAL ALL FOR YOUR PET IS A MUST. Put it on your pet, let him worry about casting it, but this is a MUST HAVE for your build.
5) Items with +Pet Stats are really good to use. Don't overload yourself on these, a few cheap greens you've enchanted to Godhood is also necessary for resists/armor.
#4damn_limitsPosted 11/1/2009 1:52:41 AM
first boss is ridiculously hard if all you've put points into is imp
---
Water-powered cars will just burn up all the water, leaving humanity dehydrated. - Doodle