Boat Song (Nocturne of the Wind) *Spoilers??*

#1Mychael612Posted 3/2/2010 8:22:00 PM
Howdy all! So, just played through the boat song. What does everyone think?

I for one do really like the new lyrics. While the old Working Designs lyrics will always be near and dear to my heart, these new lyrics make more sense to the game. I'm mean, how much relevance did Wings have to SSSC? I remember wondering that to myself when I was younger. With the Nocturne of the Wind, i relate to the song a lot more, just as it relates to the story more. BTW, any have the lyrics yet?

I think after listening to them and getting used to them, people will begin like these lyrics as much as the originals.
---
"What's the thing with the quote and the things in it?!" ~My best friend.
#2Metarius6Posted 3/2/2010 8:36:11 PM
My only hope is that the boat song flows a lot better than the new intro lyrics...
---
[In Soviet Russia, the original poster was deleted at the request of this message.]
#3Mychael612(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2010 8:39:56 PM
Spoilers!!!!

At first, not really. But I think the second half of the song is much better.
---
"What's the thing with the quote and the things in it?!" ~My best friend.
#4the_moogle_girlPosted 3/3/2010 10:18:59 AM
I have the lyrics here~

Casting off from an unknown land
Sailing out across the foam
The gently blowing winds
Pass behind my open ears
Whispering that they can hear

Please, won't you tell me what you know
Is it everyone or just me?
Who lives with worry tucked away
Deep beneath the layers of their heart

What's it like to truly love someone for sure?
And to gain their undying love in return?
How often I wonder what that's like
Is it really, something which, I am sure to find?

Basking in the blue star's gentle light
As it fills the darkened void
A simple melody, forgotten in my childhood
Passes softly from my lips

Why does such disquiet fill my soul?
My inner thoughts stray aloud
As line after line of verse trails
Out across the turbulent eve

What's it like to truly love someone for sure?
And to gain their undying love in return?
How often I wonder what that's like
Because I just don't know

These were feelings welling from deep within
How I want so much just to cherish them
Could it be that fate is playing me
Teasing me?
It is just the wind

These may not be 100% accurate, as I just listened to the song on Youtube and wrote down what I could hear. ^^;
#5coastallivingPosted 3/3/2010 11:48:33 AM

Definitely like the new one better. As you said it does make more sense. This new one has definitely captured the inner turmoil of Luna.

#6SightoPosted 3/7/2010 6:35:58 PM
I like the idea behind the new one but it just didn't work. I appreciate a more direct translation, but there's a different between a transcription and translation. I just can't help but feel the song suffers from lyric overload, and the meter's completely destroyed. It would have been nice if they worked with their new translation and changed it around to better fit the meter of the song so she wouldn't have to suddenly hang on unimportant words in some lines while reading a ton of words as fast as she can in the next.

The only other thing that disappointed me about it was that her singing is much lower and quieter in the new version, so the lyrics don't stand out quite as much. Rather than singing in harmony with the music, her voice kind of blends into it.
---
This is it so get this game and get your trigger on.
This is my catch fraise - BlazBlue review
#7Crono19Posted 3/7/2010 6:49:48 PM
new one is horrible

god its so bad..........
---
"I'm going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
#8IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/7/2010 9:11:24 PM
Amen Crono19, if there's a word I could use to describe the new lyrics, it's ass-tastc.
---
Wii Code: 7515 7274 4868 6920 Wii Name: IcedEarth
PSN/XBL: IcedEarthaholic
#9PirateSwordsmanPosted 3/7/2010 9:13:03 PM
I liked both songs from Working Designs and both translated songs.

---
totaran745: *draws switchblade* You talkin' 'bout Avatar?
2r1aqueroso: lol you can't stab people with a drawing
#10IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/7/2010 9:36:59 PM
Hey, you have my respect then, just 'cause I don't like the songs doesn't mean I don't love this game, because point blank, it kicks ass. I'm actually doing a compare and contrast for both SSH and SSSC, pound for pound, the translation is pretty much exactly the same, alot of the characters say the same dialogue, though some of it was more refined in SSH from what I have seen so far. I am pretty much to the same point in both games, the Meribian sewers, and the differences dialogue wise are miniscule at best. I have to give the SSH translation the slight edge though.
---
Wii Code: 7515 7274 4868 6920 Wii Name: IcedEarth
PSN/XBL: IcedEarthaholic