The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How to change language from french to english ? Black Ops Retail version

#1Printul_NoptiiPosted 11/27/2010 1:06:45 AM

Hey guys, a friend of mine recently bought the retail french version of Black Ops and aparently that version comes with french voiceover and french subtitles only (means its not multi language). So my question is, is it possible to set the french version of Black Ops to english or is it possible to completely download the english version again (since he has the original retail version serial key) or is the french version locked to french only, He already activated the game to his steam account, has anyone with other versions of Black Ops e.g. polish, russian and so on managed to set it to english ? Thanks :]

#2LtCmdrShepardPosted 11/27/2010 6:16:12 AM
Actually buy it instead of pirating it?
---
I'm Commander Shepard And This Is My Favorite Board On GameFAQS!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: shockwave981
#3VeinyPosted 11/27/2010 6:21:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Printul_Noptii(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2010 7:51:42 AM

oh lol no its not a piracy thingy :/ besides the pirate version of BO is of course in english I don't think the scene crackers would bother with a french version right ? ;) I have the UK version because it says 16+ on the package and mostly all retail copies you can track down in my country are imported from the UK but as far as I know france, germany and italy all have completely different versions of Black Ops with the coresponding voiceacting and subtitles in their language, but is it possible to change the language back to english like in that case with my friends french version ?

#5antknotPosted 11/27/2010 8:22:12 AM
reinstall, maybe set your os language to english... it has to be there.
---
Yeah dont be drama queen, APB isn't going to be shut down or anything.
#6LtCmdrShepardPosted 11/28/2010 8:49:47 AM
I have the UK version because it says 16+ on the package

Fail, the UK version has 18+ on the package and its only in english. Nice try.
---
I'm Commander Shepard And This Is My Favorite Board On GameFAQS!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: shockwave981
#7Hunter_mkPosted 11/28/2010 10:23:01 AM
if he activated it on steam, right click on the game and properties/language change the game to english
---
"Hardly anyone plays First-Person Shooters On PC anymore" - Kinect creator