Play with no CD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TheRamer

TheRamer
6 years ago#1

I was wondering if there was a way to play Black Ops on PC without having to put in your CD every time or keep it in the drive WITHOUT having to use Steam.

Bad Company 2 and even Battlefield 2 has been patched to no longer require the DVD, and I was hoping that Black Ops would have the same thing. I'm at a point where my disc drive is hardly ever used on my PC.

Also: does BO have an automatic updated for patches if you install without Steam?

Thanks!

User Info: SaffronGhost

SaffronGhost
6 years ago#2
www.google.com
So many failures.

TheRamer
6 years ago#3

Oh man, if only I had thought to use Google before posting on a forum. :roll:

But that's so much more work.

I appreciate the help.

User Info: antknot

antknot
6 years ago#4
You can't install without steam unless its pirate. You don't need the disk in drive when you open the game through steam.
Yeah dont be drama queen, APB isn't going to be shut down or anything.

User Info: neela147

neela147
6 years ago#5
Erm ... pretty sure you can't run this game without Steam (unless you're trying to run a pirated version!) ... and the CD is definitely NOT required in the drive when playing.
You, you, and you - Panic! The rest of you, come with me.

TheRamer
6 years ago#6

Thanks for the help guys, first straight answer I've received.

I was under the impression that you could do with or without Steam... only games I know that require Steam are ValvE but no matter. I appreciate it!

User Info: SaffronGhost

SaffronGhost
6 years ago#7
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: Printul_Noptii

Printul_Noptii
6 years ago#8

You DONT need to play this game using a DVD ! Remember this game is a steam game which means your retail disc will turn into a simply back up disc after you activated your game to your steam account using the serial key. I have the retail version and once I installed the game and registered the serial key to my account there was no need for the disc anymore playing this.

User Info: xan46

xan46
6 years ago#9
COD uses steam cloud to store players levels and unlocks. I believe all steam cloud games require steam, like MW2.

User Info: Speccops

Speccops
6 years ago#10
Guys, For No Problem just go to AlterOps.net

Download it and Enjoy!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived