Whats with the stuttering?

#1ReggieBush09Posted 6/3/2011 6:07:36 PM
even offline in combat training.

My graphics card not good enough for you bro!
#2SolidMGSnakePosted 6/3/2011 6:16:23 PM
Its even more annoying everytime you go to the main menu.
---
XBL/PSN: SolidMGSnake
#3HyperRyunPosted 6/3/2011 8:04:57 PM
turn off Tablet PC Input Service

try again
---
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING!
YOU WILL REGRET THIS!
#4ReggieBush09(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2011 9:33:37 PM
^huh?

everyone is having this problem with better cards than mine?
#5HyperRyunPosted 6/3/2011 10:02:51 PM
What do you mean "huh"

There's a service named Tablet PC Input Service, it's a service, as it says in the name

turn it off

try again
---
YOU WILL REGRET THIS!
#6ReggieBush09(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2011 10:32:46 PM
where is that? at in settings?
#7eric_neo3Posted 6/4/2011 2:44:43 AM
this game keeps a constant online connection to steam friends instead of a single download request which is ridiculous.

1) tell steam in the options menu not to automatically log you into steam friends.

2) restart steam

3) play the game.
---
God what I would do for an edit button on gamefaqs. - - - >R.I.P. 2011
#8ReggieBush09(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2011 2:30:05 PM
^okay thanks!
#9HyperRyunPosted 6/5/2011 10:37:20 PM

this game keeps a constant online connection to steam friends instead of a single download request which is ridiculous.

1) tell steam in the options menu not to automatically log you into steam friends.

2) restart steam

3) play the game.

http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/379.jpg

you have no idea what you're talking about, the steam friends function uses so little bandwidth it's a nonissue for even a 56k user, and it has nothing to do with FPS stutter, especially since this was during OFFLINE practice.

where is that? at in settings?

If you don't know what a service is, I can't help you. You have the potential to screw up your computer in many fashions if you're not entirely sure what to do with administrator tools in your computer's control panel.
---
YOU WILL REGRET THIS!
#10eric_neo3Posted 6/20/2011 2:21:55 PM
HyperRyun posted...
you have no idea what you're talking about, the steam friends function uses so little bandwidth it's a nonissue for even a 56k user, and it has nothing to do with FPS stutter, especially since this was during OFFLINE practice.

Apparently I know more then you then.

What this game does is it opens a connection to the steam friends database using a connection string inorder to check steam status and retrieve friend names. the problem is that who ever programmed it did it in such a way that it loops the connection part and keeps performing requests causing lag spikes ingame while the game waits on the responce from the database. Second problem with this is that the connection is never closed and because of that the steam friends records are put into a lock state until the connection closes. This is horrible database design and management and leaves the database open to corruption and SQL injections through the open connection.

What they should have done was on startup have a single request to the steam friends database, store the data in a txt or xml file on the users drive and have the connection closed. Then the game loads said names and data from the txt or xml files.
---
God what I would do for an edit button on gamefaqs. - - - >R.I.P. 2011