CoD: Black Ops is VEEERY loosely based on a true story.

#1MobiusUnoDosPosted 11/7/2010 9:26:09 AM
At least, the first mission is. Truth be told, I was prety stunned when I decided to Wikipedia Operation 40 on a whim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_40#

At least one Op40 member was listed as K.I.A. during the Bay of Pigs fiasco.
---
"OM?"
"NOM."
#2MantisoPosted 11/7/2010 10:22:47 AM
This just in, the Cold War actually happened!!! Also the sky is blue

---
Apples >>> Oranges
PSN ID: SolidKev
#3MobiusUnoDos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2010 10:28:56 AM
Huurrrrrr.

You're trying to imply that I didn't know the Cold War happened, when what my post was actually referring to was the existence of Operation 40, which until now I thought was just a made-up special operations group, much like Task Force 141 in MW2.
---
"OM?"
"NOM."
#4MegaWatPosted 11/7/2010 10:47:55 AM
Indeed.
After a little research, I've found that real life has many more bad asses than video games and films.
Simo Hayha (spelling) for example. He killed about 700 Russians during their invasion of Sweden, 500 of which with an unscoped modified Mosin Nagant.
And Yakov Pavlov and his squad.
---
20 men had tried to take him, 20 men had made a slip.
21 would be the Ranger with the big iron on his hip.
#5RamblinMan2450Posted 11/7/2010 11:22:54 AM
Dude. Messed up.
I'm reading a book, real combat stories... It's called SOG. And FYI it's it was originally Studies and Operations Group, but then they changed it to Studies and Observations Group. Just to let you know. All these missions, if they're from actual accounts, they're real missions... Of course, with a little make up from Treyarch.
And Task Force 141 was first created after the Alamo, believe it or not, and was originally a regiment... Now they work with SEALs, Green Berets, and do a lot of fun stuff. I know I'm a real buzz kill when I say that, but you gotta read up on your info before you start babbling on the forums.
#6MobiusUnoDos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2010 12:14:22 PM
Ramblin, how about some sources? The googles turned up no hits for an ACTUAL TF141, just a bunch of Call of Duty links.
---
"OM?"
"NOM."