I need help

#1Arien157Posted 12/5/2010 7:31:18 PM

When I get into the Multiplayer menu, I click Playstation Network, and then a little window pops up and says "downloading game settings" After about a minute of waiting another window pops up and says, " Error The Call Of Duty: Black Ops server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/status for updates." This has happened since I bought the game. I brought my PS3 to my friends house and it worked fine there. I can also play any other game online fine at my house, It's only Black Ops that give's me a problem. I'm really dissapointed because I have been waiting for this game for a long time, and the main reason I bought it was for online.

P.S If I click options, then click select for system info The version number is 0 [50.0.0.0] and the Bandwidth is 0. I don't know if thats any help but I figured I should mention.

So if anybody could help me I would reallyappreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully help me fix this problem.

#2PhorphuxakePosted 12/5/2010 7:35:14 PM
The problem is with your bandwidth, at 0.1 you basically have no internet connection to the server.
I dont know how you can fix this, I too suffer from poor bandwidth from time to time, my problem is because my internet is wireless, nothing else is available for me. All my other games work online as well. Is your internet wireless as well?
#3cool_dude1Posted 12/5/2010 7:35:24 PM
Maybe you should try turning off your PS3 and reseting your router, maybe? I'm not sure this will work but its worth a try.
#4Arien157(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2010 7:36:48 PM

Yeah I use wireless,satellite internet. It's the only internet I can get where I live. I don't understand why other games play fine, without any lag, but this one won't even connect to the servers.

#5PhorphuxakePosted 12/5/2010 7:46:52 PM
Arien, I feel your pain regarding the wireless internet, things I have noticed with wireless and connecting to black ops:
1. If the weather is lousy the internet connection is too,
2. Trying to get on black ops during peek times in my area is not a good idea,
3. If it is windy then my internet connection suffers,
4. If I swear at my ps3, the internet connection drops,
5. If I start with a good bandwidth, 800+, I will be having a really good game only to lose connection right before the end of the game.

I always check my bandwidth before attempting to play, if it is below 300, I dont bother anymore as this only results in disconnections or game freezing.
#6Arien157(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2010 7:51:10 PM

Phorphuxake posted...
Arien, I feel your pain regarding the wireless internet, things I have noticed with wireless and connecting to black ops:
1. If the weather is lousy the internet connection is too,
2. Trying to get on black ops during peek times in my area is not a good idea,
3. If it is windy then my internet connection suffers,
4. If I swear at my ps3, the internet connection drops,
5. If I start with a good bandwidth, 800+, I will be having a really good game only to lose connection right before the end of the game.

I always check my bandwidth before attempting to play, if it is below 300, I dont bother anymore as this only results in disconnections or game freezing.

lol Yeah I know what you mean. But I was just playing battle field bad company 2 online for a few hours with no lag, then tried BO again, and the Bandwidth was still at 0. I just don't understand. It's reallyfrustrating.

#7Arien157(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 9:12:10 PM

Bump.

#8IDontWinMuchPosted 12/6/2010 9:13:11 PM
I will help you.

If you can get me a date with Rosario Dawson...

I'm waiting.
#9Shane136Posted 12/6/2010 9:24:12 PM

IDontWinMuch posted...
I will help you.

If you can get me a date with Rosario Dawson...

I'm waiting.

Would you settle for Rosie O'Donald?