2 Separate Accounts?

#1RobDog_Posted 12/6/2010 1:38:58 AM
Hey guys, i'm from the wii board but i'm thinking of buying a PS3 and just wanted to know if it's possible for me and my brother to both have separate online profiles each or are we going to have to share the same one?
Thanks for the response, and sorry if the question is a bit nooby.
---
COD: Black Ops: 4506-9290-3343 | RobDog
#2BladenytePosted 12/6/2010 1:40:33 AM
its not a noobish question, but its rather silly.

when you turn the ps3 on you are given the chance to login to seperate accounts (though you have to make them first). so its possible for you to both have differant ones
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#3BortthogPosted 12/6/2010 1:40:59 AM
No, you can not. If you split screen, player two gets ALL your classes and contracts, but not your money, and second player is not saved when you log out.
---
Greatest RPG attack EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpziRCtcQgM
Relius of the BlazBlue Boards.
#4RobDog_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 1:42:17 AM
Thanks for the quick response, i was a bit confused because i hear that the PC version uses steam or something and someone told me it was limited to one profile per game, but i guess the PS3 isn't like that. xD
Thanks again.
---
#5Speed959Posted 12/6/2010 1:42:44 AM
Yes you can. You can make multiply accounts. Before my brother got his own ps3, we would share mine.. He had own sepreare account that he used to play online
#6RobDog_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 1:43:26 AM
Alright thanks everyone, this board is really helpful. :)
---
#7crealkllrPosted 12/6/2010 1:44:53 AM
I think i understand your question. you can make more than one account on a ps3. but you cant use more than one account at a time in black ops. so unlike xbox and wii, you cant have 2 separate accounts playing split screen. you will have one account in use, and the other player in a copy of the main account. i find the use of 2 accounts on ps3 useless with the exception of a few games.
#8BladenytePosted 12/6/2010 1:45:05 AM
the game uses the data of the ps3 you login with to determine the profile during the game. its not tied to the disc. i mean, i got my copy of the game from gamefly, so i dont own it. and when i send it back, the next person will be able to use it too.

however, if you are asking if you and your brother can both play online at the same time using the same ps3.. then no, that wont work. because you cannot be logged in to 2 seperate accounts at the same time.

but if you want to play, and then your brother wants to play with his own data/stats/unlocks, that is possible
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#9RobDog_(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 1:49:38 AM
Yeah Blader, thats what i mean, having two separate profiles that we can play with at different times.
So an example would be when i play on my account i'm level 30, but if he wants to play later on his own account it would be a whole different level.
---
#10crealkllrPosted 12/6/2010 2:02:44 AM
then yes, you can do that. make sure to pick the right account in the beggining when the ps3 is turned on. also, if your doing multiplayer, you dont have to worry. just log on with your user name and password and it will log you into your user name. so in that case, doesnt matter which account your logged onto in the ps3