Lying prone = Shotgun's worst enemy?

#1ReignInDeathPosted 4/29/2012 8:46:06 PM
Can any avid shotgunners testify on this?

Who else has trouble killing a guy lying on his belly with a shotgun?

I swear, I almost never get one-shot kills with a guy on the floor. It's like when I aim down where they are, the ground in front of them absorbs all of the bullets. Or maybe the rest of the pellets just fly right over them.

Yes, I'm at a reasonable range(like 15 feet away). Sometimes, I even jump so that the spread could hit their whole backs. Still, no luck.

I'm not talking about dropshotting, but that applies too.
---
Click here to take the gullible test!
http://i41.tinypic.com/10opijc.jpg
#2ShELbY_GT500Posted 4/30/2012 3:03:43 AM
I couldn't tell you as I don't use the shotgun but I would like to say I'm glad proning is superior to shotguns. I'll use this method if I know someone rips one out.
---
If you dont stand for Something, You will fall for Anything
#3sfreedomzeroPosted 4/30/2012 3:09:06 AM
Logically, less pellets would hit as there is less surface area from the angle you are shooting at.

It's still possible, though, if you get enough pellets to hit.
---
PSN: sfreedomzero
"Private match boosting is awesome, I wish every booster was smart enough to do it" - rabix99
#4fig333Posted 4/30/2012 3:11:02 AM
yes, because only 1/3 of the pellets hit, guarrenting a hitmarker, but if you get them in the head it's a different story.

Proning will help you from getting hit by= most people using a gun at long range, quickscopers and flamethrowers

makes no difference= RPG & LAW

Makes you an easier target= grenade launchers and tomahawk
---
PSN: fig333
Good with tomahawks, don't believe me? See that corner over there? go cry in it alright?
#5ReignInDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 4:35:50 PM
bump
---
Click here to take the gullible test!
http://i41.tinypic.com/10opijc.jpg
#693monhollen93Posted 5/3/2012 8:14:40 PM
Thats why I run the Spas. Who needs 1HKO when you have a spammable shotty?
---
PSN id = Ignorant_Giraffe