Xbox has not enough ventilation?

#1RikiazPosted 11/20/2010 4:44:00 PM
My xbox keeps getting the 2 red light error saying it is not properly ventilated, however it has more then enough ventilation and it ONLY does this when I'm playing Black Ops. It turns off and gets the lights after about 5 minutes even when my xbox hasn't been played in hours. Anyone know how I can fix it or what is wrong with it?
---
I lay in the pool of dark blood on the floor, wrists cut, heart broken, I scream,
"Will someone please save me from this life? I don't want to die!"
#2Pokemoncollect1Posted 11/20/2010 4:44:33 PM
Dust, clean it for once in your life.

Or maybe a fan broke inside the xbox.
---
Currently playing: SC2, Doom 3 (Not as fun as I remember...), DQ9, H:Reach, CS:S.
Treyarch is a bad developer.
#3SparkyTheGreatPosted 11/20/2010 4:46:08 PM
Install the game to the hard drive and play it off of that, should fix your problem
#4OMGitzDANGAPosted 11/20/2010 4:47:34 PM
^what above poster said.
---
<insert sig here>
#5Rikiaz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2010 4:54:03 PM
I did dust it, I just installed it and will try that, if it doesn't work I'll post again.
---
I lay in the pool of dark blood on the floor, wrists cut, heart broken, I scream,
#6Rikiaz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2010 4:56:20 PM
It just shut off again with the two red light error.
---
#7koala_is_a_bossPosted 11/20/2010 4:57:10 PM
are u talkin about your brick..? have it on a hard surface like hardwood or on top of something other then carpet if it ainbt brick sorry cant help
---
Xbox live tag: C Dibbles
#8Freedan12Posted 11/20/2010 4:57:26 PM
RRoD is just around the corner.
---
Style Over Substance
#9Rikiaz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2010 5:01:55 PM
Both my xbox and the power pack are in the open and lifted so all the vents are opened and I would think I would get the RROD but it only does this on Black Ops. I can play Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and Modern Warfare 2 just fine. Black Ops is the only game it does this on. I called the customer support and the guy I talked to said he didn't know what was wrong with it.
---
#10Pokemoncollect1Posted 11/20/2010 5:02:17 PM
You dusted it? Like with a feather duster..?

Use canned air and a vacuum. It is probably extremely dusty. And idk why people told you to install...
---
Currently playing: SC2, Doom 3 (Not as fun as I remember...), DQ9, H:Reach, CS:S.
Treyarch is a bad developer.