How to tell if you are host?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. How to tell if you are host?
5 years ago#1
My friends are always saying "Yes! we got host!" but I have no idea how they can tell it. They say if you have four bars it means you have host but everyone on my team (when I play with friends) is normally four bars.
"Red beats Misty. Gets her badge. If that's how romantic relationships work, then Red is the Pimp of Kanto." ~XenocideHeart STPs: 4
5 years ago#2
You'll start first in the game, and when you bring up the scoreboard at the beginning everyone will have a 1 bar while you have a 4 bar. Also it could say "Awaiting Challenge...0"
PSN: Invsblphntm
Welcome to GameFAQ, proud home to a grammar police, where opinions become fact and logic fails to exist
5 years ago#3
Ok cool thanks
"Red beats Misty. Gets her badge. If that's how romantic relationships work, then Red is the Pimp of Kanto." ~XenocideHeart STPs: 4
5 years ago#4
The first person with 4 bars in the lobby is host. Everyone after that catches up. Although for some reason the coding in black Ops sucks and can give you 4 bars even if your hardly sending like 50% of your packets and shows some games where everyone has 3 bars.
The addition of an edit feature to GFAQs has ruined the site. How many people do I have to take seriously now?
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7353/ultiz.png
5 years ago#5
You get kicked in the middle of the game because the game assumed your internet could handle it. >:(
Playing: AC: BroHood, Black Ops, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, Max Payne 2, Warcraft III, and Stronghold 2
GT: Python2k10. Feel free to hit me up!
5 years ago#6
Another way to tell is if your countdown starts from 10 instead of 5.
shaurprincesbatman
5 years ago#7
Another way to tell is if your vote in the lobby registers instantly.

If you're not host, there will be a delay in the time you hit A to vote and the vote showing up.

Though this method is not 100% full proof since the game has a tendency to migrate host in the lobby for no discernible reason. But it is another way nonetheless.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
5 years ago#8
You don't get bullshifted.
Gt: xConvictionist
5 years ago#9

You don't get bullshifted.

This.
Idc
5 years ago#10
You leave the game and it shuts down as soon as you do.
When did grammar, spelling and punctuation get eliminated from the educational system?
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. How to tell if you are host?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived