Why I think COD better than Halo.

#1Merc001Posted 6/1/2010 11:24:45 AM
1. Weapons

If the UNSC gave Master Chief the weapons form Modern Warfare 2, he would wipe the floor with the ass of every elite and hunter she came across. For a game set in the future the weapons are pretty damn ineffective. A 60rd assault rifle that sprays bullets and one mag only takes down a targets shield. Why does a UNSC rifle not have some type of a grenade launcher? you would think in 300 years there would be something more advanced like that, where is a Spartan version of the OICW? If these spartans were supposed to be such elite badass super soldiers you think the UNSC would develop special issue rifles for them. Hell the SCAR-H was developed for Special forces use in mind SCAR stands for Special Forces Combat Assault Rifle.

In COD it is stop aim down the sight, 3rd burst to center mass and they die. Like how I was trained in boot camp. I find on COD even in multiplayer some of the tactics I learned in BCT are helpful. halo MP the main tactic is spray bullets in a circlejerk strafe fashion just to kill them off with a one hit melee. This is a shooter not a brawler I want to KILL by SHOOTING them. Same thing pisses me off with the knives in COD.

Multiplayer

As for multi, COD has custom classes where you can customize classes with weapons you are comfortable with. Not run around the map with a pop-gun pistol to find a weapon just to get meleed before you can use it.

Everything is too bright and cheery

In halo it seems everything was made for kids or adults with autism. As everything is in bright NEON COLORS. I have a friend that complained that all these shooters like Killzone are all dark and grey and halo was better because it had color. I had to remind him that in a real war zone, it looks like that drab, dull and dirty not colorful like an amusement park or the set of a pbs kids show.

I admit that COD could use come color, I'd like to see black ops and Mw3 do an accurate representation of TRACERS. NATO used RED while the USSR and Warsaw Pact forces use green tracers. It would help with MP if you saw the green bullets from the Spetsnaz and OPFOR forces. This was especially more true in Vietnam where the VC and NVA got their ammo from USSR and the PROC. I'd like to see a night stage in SP and one MP stage where you can see the tracers glow.
#2Cows Go HisssssPosted 6/1/2010 11:27:46 AM
Cool. Buy the yearly releases then.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#3NotQuiteAKingPosted 6/1/2010 11:35:37 AM
"it looks like that drab, dull and dirty not colorful like an amusement park"

Funny you should mention that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44399775@N06/4606456857/
---
Not Changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
#4Halo_ForeverPosted 6/2/2010 6:54:51 AM
>For a game set in the future the weapons are pretty damn ineffective.

I agree, but play Gears of War before commenting further. Good lord those weapons suck.

>In COD it is stop aim down the sight, 3rd burst to center mass and they die. Like how I was trained in boot camp. I find on COD even in multiplayer some of the tactics I learned in BCT are helpful. halo MP the main tactic is spray bullets in a circlejerk strafe fashion just to kill them off with a one hit melee. This is a shooter not a brawler I want to KILL by SHOOTING them. Same thing pisses me off with the knives in COD.

Sure, but Modern Knifing 2 also has an incredibly overpowered melee, I agree about the Halo 3 melee though, it is too powerful, but not as irritating as the CoD teleport knife (the series which is trying to pretend to be realistic). As for lower durability, I prefer Halo, CoD just lends to far too many random kills and makes camping a far too good tactic.

As for camping my proposition would be that players in FFA and TDM would be placed on the map if they stay inside an area for too long. That way if there is some punk who M203 guards a door you'll know he is there.

>In halo it seems everything was made for kids or adults with autism. As everything is in bright NEON COLORS. I have a friend that complained that all these shooters like Killzone are all dark and grey and halo was better because it had color. I had to remind him that in a real war zone, it looks like that drab, dull and dirty not colorful like an amusement park or the set of a pbs kids show.

They don't have to or was Vietnam only gray, black and brown. Color and war can coexist, it is more a Hollywood aesthetic than a fact of life or one person said "Saving Private Ryan said that in war colours are faded and drab and gamer makers took this as a scientific fact". I can understand your complaint for the Covenant units but in space warfare, you could paint your ship pink with yellow flowers and it wouldn't matter, you wouldn't exactly conduct war based on visual sighting.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#5SpookyXPosted 6/6/2010 7:52:00 AM
It just saddens me that what the COD franchise has come to being compared to Halo. Not that I did not realize it since MW2 jumped off the cliff to convert as many Halo fans as possible but those of us who played COD from the first on PC have to be a little sad.
---
Come join us for relaunch of www.judgegame.com on July 1 2010. Free cookie to first million visitors.
#6I_Am_PacoPosted 6/6/2010 11:33:24 AM
"In COD it is stop aim down the sight, 3rd burst to center mass and they die."

Um, no, in MW2 you have a choice of 3 things if you want to win:

1. Hold down the trigger of your UMP .45 and swing it left to right until they die,

2. Point your grenade launcher in their general direction and pull trigger, or

3. This one's kinda tricky, make sure your target is ON YOUR SCREEN, that part is very important, then tap the knife button.
---
You Know The Name
#7halo07guyPosted 6/6/2010 8:29:41 PM
Perhaps you should consider the fact that the Assault Rifle is effective against it's intended targets. A.K.A. Humans. It was never ment to take out shield super soldiers. The ineffectiveness of it against elites and hunters has nothing to do with it being an ineffective weapon, but rather the strength of the shields and the hardiness of the target underneath. Grunts and Jackals only take a couple rounds to kill, and Elites less than half a mag once their shields are down.

Also, look up Gameplay and Story segregation on TV Tropes.
#8OblenatorPosted 6/8/2010 4:41:12 AM

Why I like Halo 3 better than MW2:

No retarded killstreaks which promote camping and give free, cheap kills.

#9Black_Hand_313Posted 6/9/2010 3:35:13 AM
Oblenator posted...

Why I like Halo 3 better than MW2:

No retarded killstreaks which promote camping and give free, cheap kills.

Yeah, imagine if Master Chief had the FAMAS, the whole campaign would consist of one level where he camped in a corner and kept shooting Covenant until he got a tactical nuke.
#10MC_Brian1Posted 6/9/2010 11:19:15 AM
^ LOL win.

CoD is fun and everything but I like the fact that everything is colorful in Halo. Ever play Metroid? That game has a lot of color too (just look at Samus herself) but most if not all of the games are quite dark, especially the first Metroid Prime.
---
no wonder fox's father died... dumbass was wearing shades in space - gameheadache