The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Split-Screen System Link?

#1PKelly121Posted 10/12/2010 8:27:46 PM

One of the main problems I've had with Call of Duty is that when I am hanging out with a group of friends, we are forced to only play with four people at a time. Has anybody heard any news about possible split-screen system link (8 people for 2 consoles)? Some 4v4 search would make one heck of a chill sesh.

#2PKelly121(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2010 8:28:28 PM

If you didn't know, currently system link is 1 person per console.

#3Hyrulesaver123Posted 10/12/2010 8:31:15 PM
I don't know the max Player Count but I believe they said they were working on LAN (Local Area Network (A.K.A. system link). I think they have a lot of confidence in this game and they want it to featured in MLG and you can't do MLG without LAN.
---
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2
#4PKelly121(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2010 8:32:15 PM

bump

#5PKelly121(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2010 8:33:41 PM

Hyrulesaver123 posted...
I don't know the max Player Count but I believe they said they were working on LAN (Local Area Network (A.K.A. system link). I think they have a lot of confidence in this game and they want it to featured in MLG and you can't do MLG without LAN.
---
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2

Sounds hopeful, thanks. In my opinion, system link with one person per TV seemed pointless.

#6PKelly121(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2010 8:38:06 PM

anyone else?

#7screamingdoomPosted 10/13/2010 7:05:33 AM
I don't know if they're putting it in but I agree that this is a necessity. I've had the same problem. MW2 was surprisingly fun in splitscreen because everyone could have their own account and could level up. It was great to play with three other mates beside you also. They definitely need system link 4 player splitscreen.
#8PKelly121(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2010 2:42:21 PM

screamingdoom posted...
I don't know if they're putting it in but I agree that this is a necessity. I've had the same problem. MW2 was surprisingly fun in splitscreen because everyone could have their own account and could level up. It was great to play with three other mates beside you also. They definitely need system link 4 player splitscreen.

Glad to find someone else who feels the same way. Bump.

#9garysparPosted 10/18/2010 6:10:22 AM

PKelly121 posted...

screamingdoom posted...

Glad to find someone else who feels the same way. Bump.

Agreed. There are too few games on the market that offer 4 players per console with split screen over system link. My friends and I play a lot of Halo 3 and still play Call of Duty 3 (!) because these are the only games that offer the ability to have 8 people in 1 room playing together using only 2 TVs/consoles. We were hopeful that Blur would've done it, but they're stuck at just a 4 player split screen over 1 TV.

I don't own any Call of Duty games after Call of Duty 3 because they all lack this level of system link support.

I mean really...8 TVs, 8 360's, and 8 copies of the game? Really? C'mon! I don't have enough friends that own 360's to be able to do this, let alone do any of my friend's houses have the SPACE to do this. Developers have been ridiculously lazy in developing games to accomodate 4 players per console over system link. If the entire Halo series and even Call of Duty 3(!) can do it, why can't other developers do it?!?!

I'm looking at YOU, Treyarch...you developed CoD3 with this feature and you haven't brought it back since!

#10PKelly121(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2010 3:39:48 PM

bump