where's the offline bots mode??

#1heman66Posted 11/1/2010 3:56:27 AM
so u can play multiplayer against the AI bots??
#2JJ2036Posted 11/1/2010 3:59:45 AM
iam assuming u have the game early? i heard its only online which makes no sense :/
---
Gamertag: xlJimmyDaKidxl
#3Ice WeaselPosted 11/1/2010 4:25:47 AM
So it is true then? There was a pretty heated debate on the boards a while back about this. Some people said you needed to be online to play, and others said that was 100% false.

If you really do need to be online to play against bots, I give a big ol' one finger salute to Treyarch.
#4agentcalPosted 11/1/2010 4:28:38 AM
I was looking for the bots too. You have to be online in multiplayer and play the combat training mode. I just played a local game to check out maps, weapons, perks, etc. Looks good, wish the servers would go up. Getting pissed playing the campaign on veteran.
#5JJ2036Posted 11/1/2010 4:32:34 AM
^ yea thats dumb y do i need 2 be online 2 play against A.I. thats already on my game.. i also heard there's suppose 2 be a patch when this officially released maybe they fix it then.. i really hope so
---
Gamertag: xlJimmyDaKidxl
#6Ice WeaselPosted 11/1/2010 4:40:36 AM
"yea thats dumb y do i need 2 be online 2 play against A.I. thats already on my game.. i also heard there's suppose 2 be a patch when this officially released maybe they fix it then.. i really hope so"

It was most likely done to mess with the people who are playing it on banned consoles.
---
PSN: Bleak5170
#7Ice WeaselPosted 11/1/2010 4:50:50 AM
Actually what good is a patch for people who can't get online? Treyarch touts their bot feature and then makes it so the people who need it most can't even use it. Brilliant.
---
#8markothevrbaaPosted 11/1/2010 4:59:59 AM
I think they did that because they knew people will download it before the official release date, and they probably don't want people to play multiplayer before the game is released. Thats why they are gonna patch it when its out because the game will be out, so there will be no problem with people playing it offline.

Thats just my opinion.
#9Ice WeaselPosted 11/1/2010 5:08:14 AM
"I think they did that because they knew people will download it before the official release date, and they probably don't want people to play multiplayer before the game is released. Thats why they are gonna patch it when its out because the game will be out, so there will be no problem with people playing it offline.

Thats just my opinion."

Yeah I said that already but what good is that for people who can't get online? There's millions of Xbox 360 owners who have never been online and never will for a variety of reasons. The whole point of bots, (usually), is so that the offline crowd can enjoy some MP.
---
#10Mr_CumberdalePosted 11/1/2010 6:01:37 AM
Wow you have to be online to play with bots? How stupid is that?