Disc unreadable?

#1Gnarly_BPosted 11/9/2010 1:28:57 PM
I've had this message several times now. When I first put the disc in it froze in the first cutscene and then the second time it froze was a few seconds after the point it had frozen the first time. The second time it also kicked me back to the dashboard saying the disc was unreadable.

I cleared the cache and that seemed to fix it but then I had the same problem a few minutes ago, saying the disc was unreadable (several hours after the first two). It seems to be better now and I've tested other games (MW2, Fallout New Vegas) and they're both fine so I don't think it's the xbox. Does anyone else have this problem or should I take it back?
---
There needs to be another Star Wars Battlefront game. People who agree: 121
Proud to be a booster hunter.
#2Gnarly_B(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2010 1:32:41 PM
bump
---
There needs to be another Star Wars Battlefront game. People who agree: 121
Proud to be a booster hunter.
#3FirstInLstOutPosted 11/9/2010 1:43:35 PM
been looking at a few posts throughout the afternoon and i've heard of 1-2 people having the same problem... they brought it back and exchanged the disc's and haven't had issues after that.
#4baldheadpinoyPosted 11/10/2010 4:25:26 AM
That happened to me too. I cant even get the game to start anymore. Anybody have any ideas?
#5mike3961566Posted 11/10/2010 4:27:08 AM

your lasers are dying...same thing happened to me, got a new drive and no problems since

#6harryellisPosted 11/10/2010 4:50:37 AM
Im gonning to go with what mike above me says guys sorry to say.

When MW2 came out same thing happened to me i managed to load it about 3-5 times even installed and then came the whole cannot read disc issue ...

(then a day later i red ringed tho but if discs spotless then it will be most likly your laser.)
---
Master chief in Fable now i have seen every thing
#7I WIll Not Stab YouPosted 11/10/2010 3:19:10 PM
having the same problem here.
hopefully exchange it tonight.
---
Nice Try, Zarflax!
#8alexx2xPosted 11/10/2010 5:38:57 PM
same problem here but no matter how many time i try it will not play the game it gets stuck with in 3 seconds and my xbox360 elite freezes. and can do anything else all the other games that i have had before worked just fine Call of duty black ops only work twice in my xbox one the game was horrible story mode (the graphics were horrible the persons/characters were black shadows and guns where shiny like silver) the second time was just fine story mode but when I switch to online gaming i play few matches and the game frozen and from then on can not make it work.
#9JoeBudden42Posted 11/10/2010 9:45:07 PM
bump...same problem here...all my other games work fine too
#10thtbammaPosted 11/10/2010 9:48:11 PM
Same here. Have the exact same problem as Alex (characters are all black shadows and guns are all chrome). WTF???