You've been spotted! (Please, please help me)

#1HohoOfDoomPosted 11/10/2010 2:53:13 PM
OK, so Rebirth Island is easily the worst, laziest stealth level I've played in a good, long time.

I mean, really? There are NO indicators of whether or not an enemy is in range, NO indicators of whether you are easily visible or concealed. It's just trail and error BS, and Treyarch just didn't even try. I've died ten times on the very first checkpoint because you get to a point where Reznov is just idly standing around, and no matter where I'm at, he eventually yells out "You've been spotted!" and it's pretty much instant death. Really, Reznov? I'm hiding behind you. If anything, YOU'VE been spotted.

Any advice here to get through this? The problem spot where I get seen EVERY TIME is after he says something about them evacuating the facility. Whether I'm close to him or far away, and no matter how remote of a corner I am tucked into, I am spotted. Every time. It's to the point where I'm almost convinced it's just a glitch.
---
The Hoho of Doom... representing the English language for all GameFAQs users.
#2tnuuPosted 11/10/2010 2:54:13 PM
Kill the guard.
#3MetalGearManiacPosted 11/10/2010 2:56:15 PM
Marker on an enemy? Stabby stabby. Move on.
---
Dude, can you think before posting?
Im not gonna start thinking just because u tell me to... ~erenito~
#4HohoOfDoom(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2010 2:57:25 PM
THANK YOU. Good lord, would it have been that hard for Reznov to give me that clue, after specifically telling me NOT to engage guys earlier?

Again, a thousand thanks. :)
---
The Hoho of Doom... representing the English language for all GameFAQs users.
#5ImminentStrikePosted 11/10/2010 2:58:15 PM
knife the guy standing under the light, the game tells you to.

i "was spotted" like 4 times before i realized theres a marker on the dude as opposed to a spot you have to run to whilst hidden.