--Your Guide to playing Zombies-- (v1.2)

#31AskansirPosted 11/24/2010 5:36:12 PMmessage detail

@star, that is a good idea, I have done it a few times myself.

My last post wasn't directed at you, you just reminded me of something that I wanted to point out and it ended up sounding like I was negative towards your post, not intented though.

Have fun zombiing.

#32tadmfpolePosted 11/24/2010 10:11:15 PMmessage detail
I too have noticed that you now lose the Bowie if you die and come back. On Der Riese (WaW version, not sure about BO) you had it until game over regardless of what happened. Why they changed this I do not understand, it is good but not re-buy if you lose it good unless you are just stacked on points.

It does have infinite usefulness against dogs as they never take more than two stabs on any round that I have made it to, and can save a lot of ammo if your a window guard.
#33li1jPosted 11/24/2010 10:19:33 PMmessage detail

how do u use or get the parts to use the traps in "Five"????

#34Chemeleon12Posted 11/24/2010 11:18:40 PMmessage detail
After playing for a while last night, I've lost a lot of my initial interest in zombies. I made it to round 34 or so in solo, and as far as I know, it doesn't really get much harder. Just much, much longer. You can run around in circle indefinitenly, using the thunder gun occassionally if you get trapped, and just kill all the zombies with traps. I could probably have made it to level 50 or so if I didn't just get too bored, and I know other people have made it somewhere in the 40s and just got really bored too.

In games with other random people, it's frustrating because how far you get is mostly due to how good your allies are.

I could see arranged games with 2-3 friends a fun thing to do to try to get high up on the leader boards, but honestly it still doesn't seem like there's a lot to it. You MIGHT be able to pull off a strat like you can in solo where you run around indefinitely until the rounds start taking 15 minutes a piece, but other than that, it's pretty much "hope for good randoms and camp a good spot until you run out of ammo".

Oh well
#35EvaPilot1Posted 11/25/2010 7:46:47 AMmessage detail
How many rounds do you need to complete for it to be considered a success?
My best is 23 with a 10 minute final round time :/
#36AskansirPosted 11/26/2010 6:07:28 AMmessage detail

@Li1j,

There are 2 parts to the upstairs hallway traps.

Part 1 is to the right of the frieght elevator on the Warroom (middle) level against the wall, just look in that area and you will find it.

Part 2 is in the room with the Bowie Knife, which is the first door that you can open after going down to the third level via the frieght elevator. Within a few feet of the Bowie Knife, to the left of it on a shelf in a locker.

For each one, walk up to the trap and hold X briefly to fix the trap, then each trap is 1000 points.

#37li1jPosted 11/26/2010 4:44:22 PMmessage detail

Askansir posted...

@Li1j,

There are 2 parts to the upstairs hallway traps.

Part 1 is to the right of the frieght elevator on the Warroom (middle) level against the wall, just look in that area and you will find it.

Part 2 is in the room with the Bowie Knife, which is the first door that you can open after going down to the third level via the frieght elevator. Within a few feet of the Bowie Knife, to the left of it on a shelf in a locker.

For each one, walk up to the trap and hold X briefly to fix the trap, then each trap is 1000 points.

thnx

#38thelovefistPosted 11/27/2010 7:54:53 AMmessage detail
Did you submit this as a FAQ TC? This is where something this good belongs, not on the mesage boards.

---
XBOX Live GT GBN78
http://www.myfacewhen.com/389/
#39DXLR8RPosted 11/27/2010 9:28:30 PMmessage detail
I just read through this since me and some friends are playing Zombies for the first time - nicely done.
#40wilmer007Posted 11/27/2010 10:13:23 PMmessage detail
I found a cost effective strategy for Kino der Toten, it works for single player and multiplayer though this assumes you are playing solo:

Round 1: Keep starting pistol, do not buy any anything. Shoot 4 bullets into zombies then knife. The 4 bullets is so that you rack up 170 points from each zombie (10x4 bullets + 130 for knife). Leave one zombie alive to rebuild, reload and open the bottom door. If you open the door too late after the start of the next round the zombies in the next room do not always appear. I usually open the door before the round ends to be sure. You should have anywhere from 700-850 points at the end of round 1 after opening the door. I have ended up with 1600 points at the end of round 1 which is excellent for round 1.

Round 2: By this time you should have around 8 bullets left in your pistol. Shoot a full round (8 bullets) into each zombie you see then knife them. The very first zombie you see should net you the final points needed to buy the MPL from the wall. Buy the MPL. Now just shoot 2 bullets into each zombie then knife. If you shoot 3 bullets they will die and you will have wasted more ammo and gotten less points which is not cost effective. If you happen to get Max Ammo here (which i usually do). Use your pistol instead of the MPL for this round. That way to waste pistol ammo and save MPL ammo for later. Leave last zombie so you can rebuild and then you should have more than enough points to open the door to the alleyway so go ahead and open the door.

Round 3: Again just shoot 2 bullets with MPL and knife. 3 bullets and they die so just shoot 2. In this round if you have gotten Max Ammo you still have some pistol ammo which you can still use here in round 3. Though the pistol will now start to get rather useless in this round, however it's still partially useful up until you start seeing a group of zombies bunched up together. This round will be very easy just keep your distance and use as much pistol ammo as you can then use 2 bullet + knife method when needed. Again leave one zombie for you to rebuild, buy ammo, etc... again you have more than enough points so go ahead and open the next door (the gate) to go up the stairs.

Round 4: Here in Round 4 the 2 bullet + knife method will no longer work aswell. It may work on a couple of zombies at the start of the round but soon you will get rushed in so you have to switch to full auto. This is where the cost effective became very helpful. your pistol will no longer work at this point. If you happen to have the Random Box nearby trade in your pistol when you have a moment. hopefully you'll pick up a grenade launcher like i did in my last playthrough (i'll explain why the Grenade Launcher soon). If you didn't get the Grenade Laucher hopefully you got something useful like a LMG or Ray/Thunder Gun. At the end of the round you should be getting low on ammo so go back and get MPL ammo then come back and open the final door that leads to the power room.

Round 5: Here we are the power room in round 5. If you play really well like i have sometimes you'll make it to the power room at the end of round 3. Yes that is correct starting round 4 and already in the power room with all your ammo and stuff ready to go. In this round everything is not so hard because well you have plenty of room to run all over the map that you already have open. Turn on the power, then activate the link pads to have teleporter ready. Use spray full auto with MPL. Leave one zombie so you can rebuild, also buy ammo because more than likely you will be low on ammo at the end of the round. Depending yon how many points you have left buy revive, and trade in your secondary weapon if you haven't done so.

---
PSN ID: wilmer007
Scrub: forms imaginary rules to bring other players down to his or her level so they can get what in their "mind" is a fair win.