How do you get into competitive gaming?

#1Khimera83Posted 1/3/2011 2:04:43 PM
Ok so I am looking to get into competitive gaming and just wondering what is the best way to do it? Should I get a team of my own together or should I try to join a team? I am not the most stellar player in the world (1.7x KDR and around a 1.4 W/L) but I played alot of objective games with no team also so that kind of hurts my W/L. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

---
XBL Gamertag - l iLynx l
"Ah, the internet, where everyone worse than you is a noob and everyone better than you has no life."-scottb32198
#2TanSocksPosted 1/3/2011 2:06:10 PM
Be good maybe?
---
Yeah, alright you know what it is, everything I do man I do it big.
GT: Sneaky Camo
#3Khimera83(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2011 2:15:04 PM
Wow thanks for the help....

---
XBL Gamertag - l iLynx l
"Ah, the internet, where everyone worse than you is a noob and everyone better than you has no life."-scottb32198
#4JacobD99Posted 1/3/2011 2:17:11 PM
Just get some friends together TC. I really wouldn't go through the headache of trying to join another team if you don't have any experience playing competitively.
#5VortexContinuumPosted 1/3/2011 2:19:53 PM
1. Eat MLG sponsored hot-pockets. (Flavor grenades)
2. Get yourself an expensive headset.
3. You'll need some Gunnar gaming optics as well.

From this point you are home free, just download the MLG Gamerpic and tag along MLG events to be discovered.
---
"Please assume the position." -Fisto
Switch-controlling extraordinaire
#6MindofGodPosted 1/3/2011 2:23:41 PM
ill help you out, tell me a bit more about your play style, what guns do you use? what do you find yourself playing? what are you good at?
also, i would get into it by playing scrims. Visit Game battles website and go to Bops forums, under battles ook for pickup scrims. also learn the rules of the game-type you are playing. Learn call outs. Get involved in amateur tournament sites..
#7Khimera83(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2011 2:24:35 PM
Just get some friends together TC. I really wouldn't go through the headache of trying to join another team if you don't have any experience playing competitively.

Do you know how many people I will need for a team on gamebattles? Is it 4 or 6. I have heard conflicting things I would check myself but im at work right now.

---
XBL Gamertag - l iLynx l
#8MindofGodPosted 1/3/2011 2:30:08 PM
The really competitive game modes are 2v2 and 4v4. The other modes aren't very respected.
#9Khimera83(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2011 3:16:35 PM
Ok thanks alot, I have 2 other people who are interested in this also, hopefully something good will come of it lol. Thanks again.

---
XBL Gamertag - l iLynx l