So is the Shangri-la easter egg impossible with less then 4 people?

#1Cheko2015Posted 6/29/2011 12:00:16 AM
I know you HAVE to have 4 ppl to activate the eclipse using the stone tiles at the start of the map. Is there a way to do them with only 2-3 ppl?

If not that sucks that treyarch designed it that way. Its hard enough getting 4 players that are good and that you know/like playing with on all at the same time for just a regular game, let a long a complicated long easter egg.
---
joey444 Posted There wasn't a 4th Indiana Jones movie.
Denial. When reality doesn't fit with you, you simply just make up your own reality.
#2foxopPosted 6/29/2011 12:01:35 AM
No. It's only possible with 4. I have 3 ppl now if you wanna join up for 4
---
Gears of Halo Reach: Modern Warfare 3
#3KwebiclozPosted 6/29/2011 12:05:48 AM
You mean you don't have 3 friends online that are willing to play zombies at the same time?
---
XBL: iiEqual
PSN: RMY-Equal
#4Cheko2015(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2011 12:05:59 AM
ah thanks but no thanks. I am getting off for the night as I had just been playing all day and have work in the morning. I was mainly wondering for future reference. Best of luck getting someone though. If u need someone in the future though, my gt is cheko2015.
---
Denial. When reality doesn't fit with you, you simply just make up your own reality.
#5Cheko2015(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2011 12:07:49 AM
TO kweb, its not a matter of willingness. Its a matter of conflicting schedules. I only trust exactly 3 other ppl for a complicated process like this. And we all have jobs, responsiblities, and some of us are even taking summer courses for college. So yeah. Getting 3 on at the same itme isnt that hard. But trying to get the fourth guy on there at the same time just seems to be much more rarer.
---
#6brandonk42Posted 6/29/2011 8:36:07 AM
Yeah, that's crap. I only play with one other person and that's the way we like it. But now we can't do the easter egg. I liked it in COTD were they made it so you didn't have to have four people.
#7Jurassic85Posted 6/29/2011 9:45:42 AM
I agree. I did the Cotd easter egg with just one friend and myself. I have plenty of friends who play zombies but they have to all be on and not in the middle of a game for it to work. Not to mention that they need to have enough time to do it. There is always a good chance that randoms will not have a mic, have their own agenda, kill crawlers that you left alive on purpose, etc.
#8cheezedadadaPosted 6/29/2011 9:50:13 AM(edited)
I agree with TC as well..I have a decently large pool of people I could pick from to play with, but the 3 that I trust (one being my little bro - hes 16 ..im 30....and hes friggen beastly)...are not always available...

Trying to do the easter egg with 3 randoms or 3 idiotic friends is just not the same...its tough trying to get it done when some idiot has died 15 times by round 3. I also have one friend who seems to be using a pistol every time I see him. It could be round 15 and I look over and hes pistol whipping zombies with no backup gun.
#9CrownedWolfPosted 6/29/2011 9:51:31 AM
Yeah me and my friends were going to do it last night, but instead of needing a fourth we had six people that wanted to do it. It is too bad that we couldn't just split up into two teams of 3 and figure it out that way.
#10TheLinguistPosted 6/29/2011 10:45:10 AM
It is pretty disappointing that there's no other option. I like playing split screen with my wife, and we very rarely play online matches. I do have friends that will play zombie maps, but most don't enjoy playing for achievements so it would be hard for me to get a solid group.

Playing with randoms and even friends can be difficult to accomplish something so basic as survival... and even if they turn out to be good, most people aren't reliable enough to go through tasks that require communication. I hate talking through a headset in comparison to having couch co-op and I don't imagine this will be something everyone would be able to do.
It's too bad Treyarch can't / probably won't change this.