Fallout Trilogy Not Installing

#1netzero3Posted 8/14/2009 8:01:33 AM
My best friend just bought me Fallout Trilogy for my birthday which was just a couple days ago. I can't install it on my regular computer cuz my cd drive is messed up, but dats something else i don't wanna get into rite now. I have an older computer, with an 800 Mhz cpu, but it meets all da specs for the game. When i try 2 install it, it says the installation is successful. It shows up on the Add or Remove Programs list, but there is no icon on the desktop 4 da game. When click on the cd drive 2 run the game, it says i have 2 install it again. Any help is appreciated
#2DekonizerPosted 8/15/2009 3:15:22 PM

I too am experiencing this problem right now. If someone finds a solution please notify me and if I find an answer I'll be sure to post here.

#3DekonizerPosted 8/15/2009 4:32:35 PM

Okay. I figured it out.

Here's what to do if you have a Windows Vista:

- Press the Windows symbol at the bottom left corner of the screen.

- Do a quick search for Fallout and you should find all three of the games seperately. There is no one big file; all seperate.

- Click on whichever you wanna play and play!

- If you wanna make a shortcut to the desktop, right click the game and click "Create Shortcut".

I'm not 100% certain what to do if you have XP or something, but I'd sugges doing a seach as normal and completing those steps above.

#4groeningPosted 8/17/2009 12:41:00 PM
you dont need the cd for the game
its just an install disk so you can give it to all of your friends yay
go to the start menu and find the folder titled interplay
all the shortcuts are there