How many people miss the wold wrestling games?

#1LordFreezerPosted 6/11/2010 7:39:16 AM
I think even now, my favorite WWE wrestling game of all time was No Mercy for N64. It had a decent enough roster, good playability, and a decent enough CAW system.

Nowadays the game seems to be all about the flashy graphics and trying to hard to make the wrestlers look like their real life counterparts.

For some reason the play control satisfied me more in No Mercy. Nowdays it seems like the wrestlers just flop all over the ring unrealistically even when they git hit microscopically. The impact and injury system seemed more solid back then.

Also the CAW system which might not have been as detalied was easier to use.

Worst of all nowadays in these WWE games is the OMG load time. This in particular makes CAW a pain to use.
#2LordFreezer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2010 7:39:48 AM
Meant old wrestling games*
#3cmpunkazPosted 6/11/2010 10:02:39 AM
i agree they should just make them fall like they do in the wwe i have yet to see a wrestler fall from cage or throw off ladder and bounce around like ping pall ball like they do in the game. i like how they made em look like the real ppl. i wish they would put the old wrestlers in the game from past games instead of having all those caws made up.
#4Red_Dragon_999Posted 6/16/2010 6:44:21 PM
I would settle for wrestlers not getting up 3 seconds after a finisher. Pisses me that I can beat a guy to a bloody pulp, execute a finisher...and the GET RIGHT BACK UP while I'm climbing the cage or reaching for the title...It's Bull. In No Mercy when you got beat down you STAYED DOWN!
#5risingangelPosted 6/22/2010 9:43:15 AM
^
That would also give you more time to taunt before pinning the opponent if you wanted to.
---
"This must be fossilized so that when the end of mankind comes our alien visitors can learn from such beauty." - TheCurseX2 on the NXT Invasion
#6cmpunkazPosted 6/22/2010 10:25:03 AM
I would settle for wrestlers not getting up 3 seconds after a finisher. Pisses me that I can beat a guy to a bloody pulp, execute a finisher...and the GET RIGHT BACK UP while I'm climbing the cage or reaching for the title...It's Bull. In No Mercy when you got beat down you STAYED DOWN!

yea i hate that esp the in the money in bank matches i have had all wrestlers knocked down or outside the ring all sudden i see one moving next thing u know he's morphed onto the ladder and at top before i am? serious? i dont hardly play that mode anymore because of that.