Cage Matches are Garbage!

#1MikesMadPosted 1/17/2010 11:30:28 PM

This really needs to be changed in the next game.

I can understand why they make it so difficult to escape with the moving meter, I actually enjoy this.

However, I think it is ridiculous how amazingly lightning fast any of the CPUs manage to escape. Or better yet, how easily they can take you from the top even when your half way over, and yet when attempting to do the same to them it is an eternal struggle yet again.

#2jasper_halePosted 1/18/2010 10:37:22 AM
I'm with you on that I was in a Cage match last night it was Jeff vs. CM Punk and every time I try to get out Punk seem to be one step head of me and when I tried to get him down from the cage it seem like it took forever don't even bother trying the tag team cage match unless you have a friend play with you.
---
Gamertags:Triple R 3,Jasper Hale 2
#3seiryuuxPosted 1/19/2010 6:32:48 PM
This is why I never play single Cage matches unless Pin is on and never play tag team Cage matches period.
---
AKA bluedragonx - "You either END GAME or don't play the game at all!!"
PSN: seiryuux
#4KnightRay_XPosted 1/20/2010 8:39:43 AM
^ Same here, I always turn on pin/give up in cage matches since escaping is almost near impossible
---
(~*~Champion KnightRay Coltrain RayStorm~*~)
"Foolish mortal, did you even think that you had the slightest chance of defeating me!?"
#5nick11682Posted 1/23/2010 7:06:14 AM
I find it Quite easy to escape just execute your specials and finishers a couple times then head for the door or climb the cage.
#6Psycho328Posted 1/23/2010 7:27:31 AM
dude...in real life do you think when your half way up you opponent won't wanna get you down fast? (I'm saying this because I'm undefeated in cage matches)
---
If they hate let them hate, I'll drop your whole clan and lay your *** down for the three-second tap!
#7MikesMad(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2010 2:26:13 PM

i have since given up on cage matches but i assume you open the door the same way you do in a HITC match?

#8CBZ652Posted 1/28/2010 9:44:07 PM
Irish Whip opponent to bottom left corner > perform corner grapple > door pops open and mini game ensues.
---
A candle loses nothing by lighting another
#9The RobPosted 1/30/2010 1:55:42 PM
Did you ever play DoR2 story mode? Four-way cage match, escape only (over the top) and due to glitchy AI the CPUs seem to focus on you and barely fight each other. Sucks hardcore (and it's mandatory). And I'm not positive but I think there's a time limit. Now THAT was garbage. Triple-threat cage matches are hard enough, four-ways are damn near impossible. I don't really have any problem with 1v1 cages in this game because a couple sigs/finishers and your opp is down long enough for you to climb out.
---
"Where's a gamecube when you need one?" ~ Bob (ReBoot)
#10Psycho328Posted 1/31/2010 5:45:11 PM
to open the door irish whip them into the closest corner to the door then superplex them and the door will open
---
If they hate let them hate, I'll drop your whole clan and lay your *** down for the three-second tap!